2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d have to hope that with Ancelotti here we’d target better players. Godfrey was probably our best player in this game. Allan was our best player v Leeds. James was the first four games. It’s encouraging that the Jew signings are at least performing better than the players they’ve replaced whereas before we were just adding dross on dross.

But thats the problem we are essentially saying we hope our DOF doesn't sign anymore players!

If he gets a new deal you can forget us doing anything regardless of the manager imo.

He’s the best manager we could hope for at the moment.

Be realistic.

We have Carlo Ancelotti.

Calm the fudge down.

I'd have Antelotti here for the 3 next years as long as it doesn't look like we are going to get relegated. I still think there's a chance those 3 years will pass and we might say he wasn't the manager we needed at the time.

And what if Brands signs a load of tosh in these 3-4 windows?

People are not realising the elephant in the room - Marcel Brands signed the bulk of this supposed "awful" squad.

Well if Carlo Ancelotti is allowing Brands to dictate what players we sign in future windows, then it's on the manager if we get a load of tosh. I expect Ancelotti to have a clear plan in his head of how he wants us to play and know what players he wants to bring in to do the job; then tell Marcel Brands to get the deals done.

But thats the problem we are essentially saying we hope our DOF doesn't sign anymore players!

If he gets a new deal you can forget us doing anything regardless of the manager imo.

Ive said before that I don’t think Brands ‘signs’ anyone. No decent manager would have players thrust on him. I think Brands gives the budgetary parameters we are able to operate in. The manager might give him a wish list (which Ancelotti probably did) or maybe gives him a profile and then Brands has to pull the scouting report on players of that profile for the manager to work down. Once the manager has selected who he wants I think Brands then goes about trying to broker deals for them. That to me seems the most likely way it goes.

I just can’t see a scenario where Carlo is like ‘Marcel I’ve just convinced James to join’, ‘great Carlo, I’ve just spent 40 mill on Godfrey and Doucoure for you’. There’s no way Ancelotti is taking players that he doesn’t want.

I firmly believe Silva picked players he thought fitted his 4231. Gbamin to replace Gueye, Gomes, Bernard and Iwobi for the flanks, Richarlison from Watford. I just can’t imagine Brands letting Silva have a freebie choice in Richarlison and then lumbering him with a load of players he didn’t choose.

The DOF sets the parameters, the manager chooses within those parameters, the DOF goes and makes it happen. No one had heard of Michael Edwards before Klopp arrived because Rodgers was picking rubbish players. Monchi flopped at Roma because the manager picked rubbish players. The DOF and manager have to work as a team. We finally have a good manager and a DOF who has shown he can close deals on good players and get creative in freeing up what little money we have in the regulations to support the managers and there’s people suggesting we get rid of both. Maybe we can go back to Kenwright giving Moyes 5 million and Bill ringing his old chums circle to get the deal done on the last day of the transfer window to avoid paying wages and get a cheap deal. Maybe some people would be happy with that.

Well if Carlo Ancelotti is allowing Brands to dictate what players we sign in future windows, then it's on the manager if we get a load of tosh. I expect Ancelotti to have a clear plan in his head of how he wants us to play and know what players he wants to bring in to do the job; then tell Marcel Brands to get the deals done.

Looking at the new young players i.e. Godfrey and Nkoukou it could be we are looking at players with pace.... Which can only be good for the future!

I'd have Antelotti here for the 3 next years as long as it doesn't look like we are going to get relegated. I still think there's a chance those 3 years will pass and we might say he wasn't the manager we needed at the time.
Good point this Danny, but this is exactly how us Blues have lived the last 25 odd years.....its always some sort of risk, the point is Ancelotti is amongst the best of the best so lets at least give him a chance

Yeah watching the Chelsea game now and you would be entitled to be worried.

If there was one game where not to throw Nkounkou in it'd be that one but he just has to. We need his pace and balance.

God knows, mate.

If they didn't feel he was ready then you have to ask why we didn't get someone in and those questions are again on our slow recruitment team

If there was one game where not to throw Nkounkou in it'd be that one but he just has to. We need his pace and balance.

God knows, mate.

If they didn't feel he was ready then you have to ask why we didn't get someone in and those questions are again on our slow recruitment team

Right back, left back. Unreal isn't it.

Davies
Iwobi
Godfrey
Delph

All been given minutes in an unfamiliar position.

Got to say, it makes me feel quite embarrassed by the views of some EFC fans that even question Ancelotti at the moment.....its like they have absolutely zero football acumen
Ancelotti can have the job for life as far as I'm concerned. His record is unimpeachable. However, he needs to be backed continuously. Otherwise, we should accept that staying in the division is about all we can genuinely aspire to and get in a manager like...Marco Silva or Roberto Martinez.

Marcel Brands has, in all likelihood, failed. With Ancelotti, however, he might have more of a chance. Certainly, the players brought in in the summer are of a better standard than what went before with the likes of Tosun, Walcott, Delph, Klaassen, Iwobi, etc. We really don't need to hear any old guff from Brands about January being a bad time to sign players. I doubt we'll hear that this year, to be fair. If Carlo can attract a star or two, then Brands needs to make the financial room for it to happen. If he can't, well, we need to hire somebody who can. He's got a tough job, but someone's got to do it and it doesn't have to be him.

With
We’d have to hope that with Ancelotti here we’d target better players. Godfrey was probably our best player in this game. Allan was our best player v Leeds. James was the first four games. It’s encouraging that the Jew signings are at least performing better than the players they’ve replaced whereas before we were just adding dross on dross.
withdraw the parliamentary whip

God knows, mate.

Supposedly he was brought in to go into the U23s to start with Toff, that makes it baffling (if true) why we didn't get a back up for Digne, unless we thought Delph could be back up, which would be even more baffling knowing his injury record.

Then you adjust and make the team as efficient as you can with the players you have.
In theory.

But if ancelotti took over Tranmere tomorrow would you expect them to rip the league up with back to back promotions?

If he took over sheff united , would you demand they be top 4 based on who the manager is?

That's the perspective here.

Take the odd name out our squad and we are a bottom half level team. Our league positions in recent years proves this. You could pull like 15 names at least of our 25 man squad and none of them would get into what you would expect of a top 10 team.

If the players aren't good enough then doesn't matter who is in charge, you aren't getting a title run out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.