2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some nutty logic on here for not giving young players a chance.

Carlo has made things more complicated than they needed to be. Just go like for like and keep the 433.

Gordon for Richarlison, Nkounkou for Digne. I don’t know what’s so controversial about questioning those decisions.
If Carlo ancelotti doesn't think they are ready for the first team then I trust his decision making tbh.

Only all the trophies he has won backs up that he may know a thing or two about footballers and top flight football..........

It amazes me that fans sing the praises of young players at the club when there is zero reason to think they are good enough. How many players over the years have been 'good enough' for the first team according to the fans but only their trade in the lower leagues? The last one couldn't even get a game at a lower league team yet on here it was 'why isn't Benny playing?'.

Everton fans are a unique bunch aren't we? We call for young players in the team when they aren't and then right off any that do play and get dropped afterwards.

If Carlo ancelotti doesn't think they are ready for the first team then I trust his decision making tbh.

Only all the trophies he has won backs up that he may know a thing or two about footballers and top flight football..........

It amazes me that fans sing the praises of young players at the club when there is zero reason to think they are good enough. How many players over the years have been 'good enough' for the first team according to the fans but only their trade in the lower leagues? The last one couldn't even get a game at a lower league team yet on here it was 'why isn't Benny playing?'.

Everton fans are a unique bunch aren't we? We call for young players in the team when they aren't and then right off any that do play and get dropped afterwards.
So you think he got it right playing Iwobi and Delph at LWB?

Yup. The squad is still largely average apart from a few players. If we get European football this season we’ll have done very well. People may say we finished 8th a couple of times recently but we were miles behind the top 6/7.

We needed to be seriously lucky this season in terms of our starting XI staying fit and we’ve since seen the impact of injuries and suspensions.
Yeah agree with that.

Like now , when we have iwobi Davies and Delph as wing backs, the team is crap. Imagine if you give ancelotti two players to play the wing back role as to his need. All of a sudden it goes from a bad tactic to a good one, digne could well be one of those two already. We'd have the other side but Everton's love of running a veteran player into the ground before we replace them has cropped up again with Coleman.

You can take the formation and tactics that ancelotti wants to play and then look at who he has to play them. It is a complete possibility that ancelotti just hasn't got the players good enough to play his way right now. When the team does work you can see who shines, Richy , lewen , James , doucoure , Allan, digne.

Yes it is worrying at the minute and yes even players that have impressed me (doucoure, Allan to name a couple) haven't been playing at a high standard. However all it takes is for something to click for a few weeks right now and we go from crap to great season again. 11 games in, I'd trust Carlo over anyone else to get things working again

So Everton hire a manager, buy some players, team is crap and then we sack manager.

Then we panic and hire allardyce , buy him players , team plays crap and we sack him.

We hire another manager, buy him players , team is crap and then we sack manager.

Then we hire Carlo ancelotti , multiple league , champions League and domestic cup winning manager in multiple leagues. We give him a squad consisting of the last 3 crap sacked managers teams and ask him to take us to the top of the league.

Then people wonder what the issue is when the team is crap!

I'll keep maintaining this. You can't have a squad of players that you struggle to get rid of and also expect instant success. Ancelotti has a squad of bang average players who every single fan wants shut of yet you wonder why we are struggling?

Give ancelotti a team of HIS players. Not one or two as it is right now but an entire team of his players. I can guarantee you the day we do that , not only do we win but we beat them lot at anfield. Until then you are balancing a team made up of a few ancelotti players and the rest of the squad a mis match of koeman/Sam/Silva players who were so good they got their manager sacked. Players that are so good that NOBODY wants them.

Ancelotti will make mistakes much like even the great Howard Kendall did at times. However you can't expect us to be boss when your back up players are siggurdson , Delph, Davies , tosun to name but a few. It just doesn't work like that , ancelotti isn't playing FIFA , our crap players are still crap even with one of the best managers in the world in charge.

I like this post, but what I will say is that these are the same players that started the season but CA isnt interested in going back to that system. If you are going to play 3 at the back then play 3-5-2 and not 3-4-3 so you dont get out numbered in CM......

There are a couple of types of managers, those that bring in what they want or those able to get what they want from the players at his disposal. I`m sure CA is the former because our recent form suggests that is the case.

Fans, particularly local fans, are understandably seduced by the notion of "bringing through our own." Why wouldn't they be? It's living the dream - playing for your local or boyhood club - vocariously. However, the sale of the boy Rooney in 2004 disabused me of any notion of romance on this score. If Everton couldn't keep our own home grown genius, why would any rational fan continue to fantasise over this old-school delight. I'm not local, but nevertheless, I judge a player on his own merits: is he good enough and worthy of a place in the team? Whether he was conceived in the Winslow or born in Burkina Faso, I don't care once he shows the Evertonian qualities of ball-playing ability, guile, aggression, and creativity.

None of our local players are good enough right now. Given what Carlo has done for DCL - let's face it, he's transformed him - then perhaps a little patience might see one or two of the others, like Gordon, develop to the requisite standard. But if I were him, I wouldn't be questioning a man like Ancelotti. I would be absorbing absolutely everything the man says and does. And, to be fair, we have little reason to believe that is not the case.

Yes, agree, but the top 4 is unrealistic this season. Top 8 is more realistic, but we know more after the next 7 games.

By time we get to the end of the transfer window, and knowing Everton we wont do any deals quickly, we could be well out of the European Football reckoning... Another poor season which promised so much....

Some on here would have seen Kendall fired and also Moyes after he finished 17th. Just absolutely no patience. Throwing toys out of the pram because Ancelotti doesn’t have us top 4 after 30 games with us. Absolutely ridiculous.

It’s right to question, to criticise, but saying he’s the wrong manager for Everton at this point is baseless.

Yeah agree with that.

Like now , when we have iwobi Davies and Delph as wing backs, the team is crap. Imagine if you give ancelotti two players to play the wing back role as to his need. All of a sudden it goes from a bad tactic to a good one, digne could well be one of those two already. We'd have the other side but Everton's love of running a veteran player into the ground before we replace them has cropped up again with Coleman.

You can take the formation and tactics that ancelotti wants to play and then look at who he has to play them. It is a complete possibility that ancelotti just hasn't got the players good enough to play his way right now. When the team does work you can see who shines, Richy , lewen , James , doucoure , Allan, digne.

Yes it is worrying at the minute and yes even players that have impressed me (doucoure, Allan to name a couple) haven't been playing at a high standard. However all it takes is for something to click for a few weeks right now and we go from crap to great season again. 11 games in, I'd trust Carlo over anyone else to get things working again

Then you adjust and make the team as efficient as you can with the players you have.

Impossibily Carlo has now settled on a worse emergency full back set up than when Fat Scam was deploying Cuco and Kenny on a routine basis.

But even then, you knew why. It did make sense with the resources available. Round(ish) pegs for round holes.

Carlo could the same, albeit I'd feel genuinely horrible for Nkounko if he is a worse player than Cuco.

Then you adjust and make the team as efficient as you can with the players you have.

Maybe he has. Apart from the players he’s brought in these are the same players that had 15 points from 15 games last season under Silva. A lot of them are the same that got Koeman fired and then played some awful turgid stuff under Allardyce. Has anyone thought that maybe this is as good as it gets for some of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.