2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he’s not played a single minute in the first team? It’s a massive gamble

Not really mate, he’s either gonna be non existent and rubbish like Tosun has been since he signed and continues to be when he’s brought on, or he’s gonna take his chance at first team football by the scruff of the neck and do well. It’s not a gamble.

But what is there to lose by rolling the dice?

What does Toshun, Delph & Sigurdsson offer so much that taking a gamble on Simms, Gordon or Nkounkou is seen as too risky?

The squad is poor but there is no excuse to still be playing the same losers out of stubborness.
It’s not out of stubbornness I don’t feel. Look at the chance Sigurdsson missed, he got crucified for it, now had it been Simms are we supposed to say ‘Aww unlucky lad’?

So Everton hire a manager, buy some players, team is crap and then we sack manager.

Then we panic and hire allardyce , buy him players , team plays crap and we sack him.

We hire another manager, buy him players , team is crap and then we sack manager.

Then we hire Carlo ancelotti , multiple league , champions League and domestic cup winning manager in multiple leagues. We give him a squad consisting of the last 3 crap sacked managers teams and ask him to take us to the top of the league.

Then people wonder what the issue is when the team is crap!

I'll keep maintaining this. You can't have a squad of players that you struggle to get rid of and also expect instant success. Ancelotti has a squad of bang average players who every single fan wants shut of yet you wonder why we are struggling?

Give ancelotti a team of HIS players. Not one or two as it is right now but an entire team of his players. I can guarantee you the day we do that , not only do we win but we beat them lot at anfield. Until then you are balancing a team made up of a few ancelotti players and the rest of the squad a mis match of koeman/Sam/Silva players who were so good they got their manager sacked. Players that are so good that NOBODY wants them.

Ancelotti will make mistakes much like even the great Howard Kendall did at times. However you can't expect us to be boss when your back up players are siggurdson , Delph, Davies , tosun to name but a few. It just doesn't work like that , ancelotti isn't playing FIFA , our crap players are still crap even with one of the best managers in the world in charge.

Some nutty logic on here for not giving young players a chance.

Carlo has made things more complicated than they needed to be. Just go like for like and keep the 433.

Gordon for Richarlison, Nkounkou for Digne. I don’t know what’s so controversial about questioning those decisions.

If we, at the end of last season lokked at all the squad individually and asked ourselves, if they are good enough to help us get top 4 and compete.
all opinions I know, here’s mine
Pickford:- No
Keane:-No
Mina:- No
Delph:- No
Gomes :- No
Siggurdsson:- No
Iwobi:- No/maybe benefit of the doubt after first season, that was disrupted by injury/covid
Tosun:-No
DCL:- yes
Richarlison:- Yes

obviously I’ve not added the new signings and only picked the players who played today. my point is that unfortunately we are still picking players we all know aren’t good enough. Though Ancelotti hasn’t helped himself with some of his systems and selections.

James and Richarlison haven’t been great for the last few games. But like I mentioned last week, we have no quality in the bench to bring for them 2 or DCL for that matter.
It’s early days and Ancelotti needs more time and windows. But the lack of aggression and desire is a bit worrying. We should Beat Burnley In 2nd gear
Keano is one of our best players and showed that after the first lockdown

So Everton hire a manager, buy some players, team is crap and then we sack manager.

Then we panic and hire allardyce , buy him players , team plays crap and we sack him.

We hire another manager, buy him players , team is crap and then we sack manager.

Then we hire Carlo ancelotti , multiple league , champions League and domestic cup winning manager in multiple leagues. We give him a squad consisting of the last 3 crap sacked managers teams and ask him to take us to the top of the league.

Then people wonder what the issue is when the team is crap!

I'll keep maintaining this. You can't have a squad of players that you struggle to get rid of and also expect instant success. Ancelotti has a squad of bang average players who every single fan wants shut of yet you wonder why we are struggling?

Give ancelotti a team of HIS players. Not one or two as it is right now but an entire team of his players. I can guarantee you the day we do that , not only do we win but we beat them lot at anfield. Until then you are balancing a team made up of a few ancelotti players and the rest of the squad a mis match of koeman/Sam/Silva players who were so good they got their manager sacked. Players that are so good that NOBODY wants them.

Ancelotti will make mistakes much like even the great Howard Kendall did at times. However you can't expect us to be boss when your back up players are siggurdson , Delph, Davies , tosun to name but a few. It just doesn't work like that , ancelotti isn't playing FIFA , our crap players are still crap even with one of the best managers in the world in charge.
Yup. The squad is still largely average apart from a few players. If we get European football this season we’ll have done very well. People may say we finished 8th a couple of times recently but we were miles behind the top 6/7.

We needed to be seriously lucky this season in terms of our starting XI staying fit and we’ve since seen the impact of injuries and suspensions.

Carlo's going nowhere, and rightly so. We need a stable period of a few seasons.

That doesn't make him immune from criticism or that we can't demand for it to be better, though.

This is where a strong backroom teams comes into play and, once more, I don't think we have that.

That's the way I see it Toff. When it comes down to tactics etc then he deserves grief if it's down to him, but calling for his head is daft. What I would say though in regards to backroom staff is a lot of credit goes to big Dunc because he's brought Lewin on leaps and bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.