2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
More I think about it the more it seems Carlo wasn't the right fit.

Still has time to get it right but when you see the useless cowards in our squad its obvious now we needed a no nonsense manager who prides fitness and hard work.

The Everton way = Simeone, Mourinho, Poch, Biesla.

For too long post Moyes we have gone for style over grit and what has it brought us?

??? these managers are all completely different in style and personality??

I guess we have to be balanced on Carlo. We have made progress on last season, which is clear. On the other hand, he is an instant results appointment and we have spent an absolute fortune.

We can only really judge him come end of the season.

Coleman and Kenny

Digne and Nkounkou

But of course you knew the answer to this, you were just being snarky. My point is simple play the best player we have available in each position. Don't play Davies and Iwobi as wing backs.

This is what Carlo should do moving forward. If none of those I've mentioned are fit you play holgate and Delph in those positions.

I wasn't being snarky, I was stating facts...all 4 were unavailable this weekend, Coleman has been unavailable regularly lately, Digne was out suspended and now long term...kenny has been out (and is useless either way), and Nkounkou is inexperienced but also out right now...

Ancelotti cant just play the same way we did when we were full strength, we simply don't have the right players currently....wing backs are vital to any team these days, and Digne and Coleman are huge losses to us...so he's had to tweak the formation with the players available to him...

I dont think it is time for him to go yet despite my rantings yesterday, I do think he shouldnt be beyond question though. With people like CA questioning them will hurt them professionally and inspire them to improve, or so you might hope.

What I would say is looking at the game yesterday one team gave their all for their manager, ran themselves in to the ground, knew the formation, knew the game plan and it wasnt Everton....... Leeds were much like Southampton a few weeks ago and they were lucky not to have gone down! Imagine what someone like Bielsa or Hassenhuttl could get from a team of Premier League players or a squad like ours, we do have good players!

My point is CA doesnt know his best formation, doesnt know his strongest line up, selections are baffling (To say the least), the game plan seems to be different every week and the players seem confused. With teams in transition you can see what they are trying to do but with Everton I dont see anything, just 11 players put out every week and CA behind them saying try and win today eh lads! It just isnt working, CA should get the system and style of play he wants and has been successful with then get the players around that, if we dont have those players or they cant step up then get rid of the rubbish and buy better because at present I cant see us finishing top 10 without spunking a barrel load of cash in January.

Again I thought we had turned the corner and yet again Everton sucks the very soul out of every single supporter.... We are cursed and forever destined to be the second team in this City, as much as that pains me! Even teams like Leicester, Birmingham, Swansea, Middlesborough, Blackburn (When they were crap), Wigan and Portsmouth have all won major trophies since our last one in 1995... It almost needs a good clear out from Directors to Finch Farm and Goodison Park staff because we have a losers mentality.......

So on the one hand you’re saying we have a losers mentality yet we’ve brought in one of the most successful football managers ever, who you say (in your previous post) doesn’t seem like the right fit? Which is it to be mate you can’t get much more of a winner than Carlo Ancelotti

I wasn't being snarky, I was stating facts...all 4 were unavailable this weekend, Coleman has been unavailable regularly lately, Digne was out suspended and now long term...kenny has been out (and is useless either way), and Nkounkou is inexperienced but also out right now...

Ancelotti cant just play the same way we did when we were full strength, we simply don't have the right players currently....wing backs are vital to any team these days, and Digne and Coleman are huge losses to us...so he's had to tweak the formation with the players available to him...
I agree to some extent, but shoehorning in iwobi and Davies isn't gonna be the answer either. And playing a formation that still requires wing backs when we have none fit isn't a solution if you ask me.

I'd rather we stuck with a conventional back 4 and played holgate and Delph at rb and lb, than what we did against Leeds.

So on the one hand you’re saying we have a losers mentality yet we’ve brought in one of the most successful football managers ever, who you say (in your previous post) doesn’t seem like the right fit? Which is it to be mate you can’t get much more of a winner than Carlo Ancelotti
Everton fans for you mate.

“if we wanna go anywhere, we need to go out and hire the best manager we can get”

*appoints one of the most successful managers of our time*

“Not that one!”

He managed them when they were players when he did nothing with Argentina.
I guess it depends on your definition, but I always think of disciples as inferring they worked under someone. I can see how Bielsa would be an inspiration to them and a sort of hero to them though.

The vaults will not look kindly on quite a few on here mate.

I agree to some extent, but shoehorning in iwobi and Davies isn't gonna be the answer either. And playing a formation that still requires wing backs when we have none fit isn't a solution if you ask me.

I'd rather we stuck with a conventional back 4 and played holgate and Delph at rb and lb, than what we did against Leeds.
He perhaps doesn't feel Godfrey is ready yet to play in a centre 2, and Mina is constantly letting is down, so needs Holgate in the centre of a 3...I agree Iwobi and Davies aren't the solution, but sadly this is the result again of several poor windows where we are now scarce in squad depth that we can rely on to fill gaps when we suffer injuries.

If we go back to back 4, neither delph or Holgate as full backs would give us much quality getting down wings and supplying crosses like Digne (in particular) and Coleman do...

Lose to Leeds... Leeds are better than us... Can't get their manager... Get someone that played under him... We will win everything.

Let's get Phil Neville in. He is an Alex Ferguson disciple. Simple.

We already have one master finger pointer at the club.

Its a no from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.