2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, whichever manager we appointed needed to be supported in his post for 2 years minimum, managerial turmoil is one of the reasons our squad has become so disjointed.
However as a supporter it is inevitable we engage in a continuous rolling assessment of managerial performance and after a promising start I am finding it increasingly difficult to discern a convincing style and direction of travel about our team. This does concern me somewhat.

And me. But i think he needs two more windows.
Keeper is a must for me as i think pickford spreads fragile through the team.
And some pace wide.
Get that in and i can see shoots of progress.

I think there’s every possibility that the usual Top 6, Leicester, Wolves, Southampton and Leeds finish above us this season. Leaving us with the bleak reality of back-to-back bottom half finishes all the while paying Ancelotti one of the World’s biggest football managerial wages.

Something has got to give.

Some of yous trying to chase him out already.

We deserve every ounce of pain the club inflicts on us...

Get rid of him
12 months later. The new manager is past it or out of his depth.
Get rid of him.
12 months later the manager is past it or out of his depth..................round and round we go.
One window was never ever enough to turn the monstrosity he walked into.
One concern is brands.
Allan, ancelloti signing?
Doucoure, brands signing?
There could lie the problem.

I love Isco he’s one of my favourite players to watch and because of this shabby recruiting even into this summer with Doucoure we are going have to forgoes the chance to sign him.

We need pace and intensity and we need to play that way, few performances lately have been everything a full Goodison would have rejected.

How can you say we need pace and intensity then moan we can’t sign Ben & Jerry’s Isco?????

Get rid of him
12 months later. The new manager is past it or out of his depth.
Get rid of him.
12 months later the manager is past it or out of his depth..................round and round we go.
One window was never ever enough to turn the monstrosity he walked into.
One concern is brands.
Allan, ancelloti signing?
Doucoure, brands signing?
There could lie the problem.
Maybe keeping hold of managers is the right thing to do. I’m not saying we should sack him now, I’m just concerned about the progress, if any. A manager is supposed to implement a style, system and mentality amongst his players. In any manager job in any industry.
Do you not agree that you could see a style almost immediately with Bobby Martinez? David Moyes? Sam allardyce? I didn’t really see much with Koeman. But if we’d have had bielsa, Klopp, or pep in charge, do you agree we’d see a style being implemented? Not always winning perhaps but you could see what they were trying to do? I am struggling to see a plan or direction here. Please enlighten me without saying he needs to buy a gazillion players first across three windows and tosun needs to be off the books for his influence to work.

The league says we can be over taken by ANY of the 4 teams below us if they win their game in hands, if so could leave us 10th, lower than what we finished with Marco Silva.

We never had hamez, Allan and a free scoring DCL then as well.

Like I said I think he'll turn it around but people blagging he's immune from criticism are baffling, he's proved nothing at Everton yet.

nobody’s blagging he’s immune from criticism because he’s “carlo ancellotti” ffs. Stop this bad shout, it’d a slump in form, you have just said he will turn it around

panic over then ;)

You can’t sack him anyway as there are literally no good free managers we could get right now. Poch won’t come here.
The first signs of trouble is the quote of “who else do we get?”
The sure fire way of having zero reasons to compliment our manager apart from there’s no one else we can get. Very, very worrying.

nobody’s blagging he’s immune from criticism because he’s “carlo ancellotti” ffs. Stop this bad shout, it’d a slump in form, you have just said he will turn it around

panic over then ;)
I know your a fan Matty, but what are you seeing improvement wise? Apart from trophies with ex clubs, what are you seeing that he’s succeeding at?

You can’t sack him anyway as there are literally no good free managers we could get right now. Poch won’t come here.
Sacking managers constantly is how we got here in the first place. Who is going to turn us into a top 4 team overnight? Nobody.

If Moshiri had been in charge, Moyes would have been sacked after his second season. I’m bitterly disappointed by recent performances but I want to back Carlo and hopefully things will turn around with a few reinforcements. If he doesn’t trust Kenny and Nkounkou then we need someone who can cover both areas and hope that Coleman stays fit for the next couple of months when he gets back.

So, what exactly would you have done differently team wise yesterday?

For me, 3 key areas with Davies, Keane and Iwobi playing were tactical errors.

I think hes hamstrung at RB without Coleman and LB without Digne

I think weve got Allan/Doucoure centrally and nothing else.

I think weve no quality out wide bar Richarlison and James.

I think weve had Holgate injured and coming back now.

For me, id have gone...

DCL
Gordon James Richarlison
Allan Doucoure
Nkounkou Holgate Godfrey ???
Pickford​

Still a RB short but id have been excited about seeing that team against leeds in a yoyo type game.

As i said, bar Nkounkou and Gordon not playing im not sure what more he can do with the squad depth being abysmal.
Too many changes to the back line needlessly.
Back four Niels, Kenny, Keane, Holgate, three in midfield Allan, Doucoure and possibly Davies then James in the 10 and Ritchie DCL up front.

Players in their best positions with what he has available. Changing the personnel in the back line every game is not going to help defensive stability, nor is have no two in midfield and a back five.

Status
Not open for further replies.