2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a manager is successful at many clubs, after a year in, we’d be saying we look more organised, we look like everyone knows what their doing. We look drilled, we look like there’s a lot of work going on on the training ground. We can see improvement in players we thought were useless. All signs of maybe what bielsa has brought to Leeds. We are saying the opposite of those things.
Isn’t that worrying for some people? I mean the front 5 today, Allan doucoure, DCL rico and james I’m assuming Carlo would be happy with. Why do we look so poor in possession and bereft of ideas. Most of our goal
Threat comes from set pieces.
This league ain’t that great. We keep on saying the players are bad but there’s plenty of poor players in this league. A bit of organisation, good tactics and some belief gets you a long way. That all comes from
The manager

I find it amazing that the majority of fans treat ancelotti like the messiah. Noone can dispute his record in club management. But at the same time noone can say that hes ever managed a team like us and brought success.

It's all well and good when you have players like Lewandowski or zidane to bail you out when times get tough. But when your playing in a league with such tight margins it's when you need to have edges over the opposition. We certainly have the quality edge over Leeds, but their manager has them playing with more desire, better fitness and with more quality.

That has to have questions asked of ancelotti. Since the liverpool game and including that game can anyone say that we have actually deserved to win any game since it, including fulham? And all those games with the exception of man utd we have had the better players on the pitch.

Hes not working hard enough, its as simple as that. Since the good run right at the start it's been relegation form and just because ancelotti has a history doesn't mean he deserves no criticism. I've seen very little since he joined Everton to think that anything hes actually done has been 'world class management.' Saw more today in the one game I watched Leeds from Bielsa than I have in Ancelottis whole Everton reign.

Coleman, Kenny, Digne, Rodriguez, Richarlison, have all been injured or suspended since the derby.

And I must have missed the Bielsa masterclass today. They edged and won the game by 1 goal against a team that had midfielders as wingbacks.

I don’t think he’s reacted very well to injuries and suspensions which is not entirely his fault due to squad depth but:
Why is Gordon being left out completely?
Why was flat footed right footer midfielder Iwobi played at left wing back?
Where was Nkounkou today?

I can’t get my head around those things

Any manager worth their salt goes anywhere if the money is right.

Okay mate.
I see what you're saying there mate. What I wrote reads all wrong , what I shoulda said was almost all managers go anywhere when loads of dough is waved at them. Doesn't necessarily mean they are all to be commended for that, so maybe the 'worth their salt ' part shouldn't have been written.

I don’t think he’s reacted very well to injuries and suspensions

I don't think he's found an adequate way of mitigating the injuries. Not to say the answers are glaring, but trying experimental formations and playing second-rate players like Iwobi/Davies out of their favoured positions is only going to end badly.

However, what is really criminal is that we have gone several years without signing a proper replacement (or, at the very least, back-up) for Coleman, and we also let Baines retire without an adequate replacement.

He needs 2-3 years to sort it out. But we should have seen more improvement in the year he’s been here.

Bielsa who’s been there 2.5 years has stamped a real identity on his side.

5 of his side today were his signings. The rest were already there and came from -
Chesterfield, Brentford, Bristol City, Youth team, FC Lugano, Utrecht.

So this ‘he needs all his own players’ before we see real improvement isn’t a great shout imo.

Coleman, Kenny, Digne, Rodriguez, Richarlison, have all been injured or suspended since the derby.

And I must have missed the Bielsa masterclass today. They edged and won the game by 1 goal against a team that had midfielders as wingbacks.
Looking at both of those teams though, which would you have more confidence in moving forward: the slick, well drilled, determined, skillfull, offensively minded, comfortable on the ball team, or the slow, bewlidered, clueless, shapeless, patternless, unfit, leggy, can't string more than 2 passes together outfit?

It's a hard choice isn't it?............

Last edited:

The idea is that teams have seen to exploit the right side cos of Rodriguez. Instead of protecting either wing with emidfielders or telling the right fullback to be more defensively minded... we've just gone gun-ho.

The midfield 3 is still a huge problem. They provide little cover for the defence or at least not doing enough. I honestly don't have a problem with the defenders. My issue is that the midfield 3 are either 2 slow in pressing the ball, don't know when to stay or attack, pass responsibility to each other. Doucoure has zero awareness around him which puts Allan into trouble. Then the idea that Gomes or Siggurdson can be effective having a water carrier role is ineffective purely down to cowardice.

He has to make do with a makeshift midfielder who's just gonna sit. But is robust enough to get around the pitch. So Holgate for me if Kenny/Coleman gets fit.

....but I don’t think he went ‘gung-ho’ protecting Rodriguez, he selected Davies who was hardly likely to get beyond him. I actually wouldn’t have minded had he gone with a more expansive option behind Rodriguez.

I never get the view of Davies playing out wide because he neither has the ‘legs’ to defend or get up the pitch with pace. Ancelotti knows far more than me, but I find that selection difficult to understand.

I don't think he's found an adequate way of mitigating the injuries. Not to say the answers are glaring, but trying experimental formations and playing second-rate players like Iwobi/Davies out of their favoured positions is only going to end badly.

However, what is really criminal is that we have gone several years without signing a proper replacement (or, at the very least, back-up) for Coleman, and we also let Baines retire without an adequate replacement.
It feels a bit like he has spent the year experimenting. That was fine at end of last season once we weren’t getting Europe and had no danger of relegation but we got 0 points against Southampton, Newcastle, a poor Man U and Leeds because of these experiments in a season where we need progress

I find it amazing that the majority of fans treat ancelotti like the messiah. Noone can dispute his record in club management. But at the same time noone can say that hes ever managed a team like us and brought success.

It's all well and good when you have players like Lewandowski or zidane to bail you out when times get tough. But when your playing in a league with such tight margins it's when you need to have edges over the opposition. We certainly have the quality edge over Leeds, but their manager has them playing with more desire, better fitness and with more quality.

That has to have questions asked of ancelotti. Since the liverpool game and including that game can anyone say that we have actually deserved to win any game since it, including fulham? And all those games with the exception of man utd we have had the better players on the pitch.

Hes not working hard enough, its as simple as that. Since the good run right at the start it's been relegation form and just because ancelotti has a history doesn't mean he deserves no criticism. I've seen very little since he joined Everton to think that anything hes actually done has been 'world class management.' Saw more today in the one game I watched Leeds from Bielsa than I have in Ancelottis whole Everton reign.

But the ancelottites out there can rest easy in the knowledge that he wont be going anywhere because it will cost Everton in the region of 60 million to remove him and his coaching team and that just wont be done. We are also stuck with an ageing ineffective James on a huge wage too so doesn't the future look great at this club.

bed

If Ancelotti can't save us then no one can and we might as well liquidate.
If he continues to play teams like he did at Newcastle and today he’ll play his part in the liquidation.

Bizarre team selections that have seen us lose EVERY game he has tried it. Gomes as a winger. Iwobi LWB and Davies RWB. Defenders scattered everywhere.

1 win in 6 now and that one was against one of the worst teams in the league and we held on for dear life.

Something is wrong and there is no point burying your heads in the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.