2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, he has to try things mate. It failed as a back 3 today but there's no way you can't say it didn't work 1st half with the wing backs.

Its o.k to have options and different ways to play.
It did work first half we were excellent and with Fulham defending narrow the wing backs gave us a great attacking option. The problem was how much energy we had to use up in the first half.

We had a man orientated press with the front five but the two in midfield and the three at the back didn't push up and compress space. We caught Fulham trying to play out on a number of occasions in the first 30 minutes but when they beat the initial press there were acres of space for them to break in to.

That meant we expended far too much energy and the second half they just ran all over our midfield. I think it is fair to say we have stamina issues but that is also being exaggerated by how we are setting up tactically. Once we lose the ability to press as the game wears on we end up getting dominated.

2nd half Fulham had 65% possession and had 9 shots. That simply isn't good enough.

Yes? So your arguing against yourself then aren't you! Other formations, different systems etc etc

There doesn't have to be just one way.

We've conceded in other formations.

We just came out flat footed on the second half. We gave them the ball. Really hard to judge a defense when your team stopped playing
What I'm saying is we need to consider how we can stop shipping goals and I really don't think shifting the system the backline is using is the answer.

Oncd Davies came on and gave us some legs I don't think they really threatened. They had a good 5/10 spell after they made it 3-2 but then DCL (not for the first time I might add) won us a couple of great free kicks and slowed played down to the point where we got back our shape. We were still crap like but small margins make big differences in the end
They pinned our fullbacks 2nd half and had an extra man in midfield, Carlo was probably a bit slow to react, but we had played so well 1st half, we should have had the game put to bed before. We encouraged them on to us 2nd half.

It did work first half we were excellent and with Fulham defending narrow the wing backs gave us a great attacking option. The problem was how much energy we had to use up in the first half.

We had a man orientated press with the front five but the two in midfield and the three at the back didn't push up and compress space. We caught Fulham trying to play out on a number of occasions in the first 30 minutes but when they beat the initial press there were acres of space for them to break in to.

That meant we expended far too much energy and the second half they just ran all over our midfield. I think it is fair to say we have stamina issues but that is also being exaggerated by how we are setting up tactically. Once we lose the ability to press as the game wears on we end up getting dominated.

2nd half Fulham had 65% possession and had 9 shots. That simply isn't good enough.

Pipe down Sherlock, I'm not even responding to anything you post with a sensible response .

I done a little digging on you last night as your name rang a bell and realised you were the muppet from a Villa game last season after lockdown who said there wasn't conclusive proof that a ball had crossed the line... When there was a big massive pic of the ball crossing the line. You continued to say it was inconclusive.

I'm not even letting my son have a good laugh at any future posts of yours ( I shall continue to do so of course as it would be a shame to pop you on ignore)

What I'm saying is we need to consider how we can stop shipping goals and I really don't think shifting the system the backline is using is the answer.

Sound, so we go back to the flat back 4 of the 3 games previous and get beat yes?

He picks a side or a system that he thinks will win us the game. He isn't doing it on purpose to wind us up is he.

If you want us to consider how to stop shipping goals... Well he tried something different today in the hope that we would stop shipping goals.

They pinned our fullbacks 2nd half and had an extra man in midfield, Carlo was probably a bit slow to react, but we had played so well 1st half, we should have had the game put to bed before. We encouraged them on to us 2nd half.

If Richarlison takes either chance before half time or after it the game is over isnt it.

Ancelotti was 10 minutes late with the subs imo but they were the right players to take off so he saw what wa a happening, changed it, we walked away with 3 points.

Sound, so we go back to the flat back 4 of the 3 games previous and get beat yes?

He picks a side or a system that he thinks will win us the game. He isn't doing it on purpose to wind us up is he.

If you want us to consider how to stop shipping goals... Well he tried something different today in the hope that we would stop shipping goals.
I'd prefer he worked on fixing the holes that exposed the system that worked in the first few weeks and swapped goalkeepers. I wouldn't even say it worked today. The guy slipped taking a penalty.

I'd prefer he worked on fixing the holes that exposed the system that worked in the first few weeks and swapped goalkeepers. I wouldn't even say it worked today. The guy slipped taking a penalty.

What has the pen got to do with formations? I feel like your having a conversation with yourself. The system worked for 4/5 games, the system then didn't work as we lost 3, he changed system today, we won, yipeeeeeeeeeee!!

We aint perfect. Nowhere near it. But for a team that cant defend aint fit and has a crap manager we are played 9, won 5 scored 19. Two of those 9 being currently 1st and 2nd in the table and we lost to neither.

Imagine what we would be like if we could actually defend. Only three teams have conceded more than us (we've conceded 16) they are leeds 17, West Brom 18 and Fulham 18.

Pipe down Sherlock, I'm not even responding to anything you post with a sensible response .

I done a little digging on you last night as your name rang a bell and realised you were the muppet from a Villa game last season after lockdown who said there wasn't conclusive proof that a ball had crossed the line... When there was a big massive pic of the ball crossing the line. You continued to say it was inconclusive.

I'm not even letting my son have a good laugh at any future posts of yours ( I shall continue to do so of course as it would be a shame to pop you on ignore)
Could you please post a link to when you ever made a sensible response ?

Imagine what we would be like if we could actually defend. Only three teams have conceded more than us (we've conceded 16) they are leeds 17, West Brom 18 and Fulham 18.

You know we are screwed when Terry Tugboat Keane is one of the best performers lol

I honestly think by seasons end we'll see Godfrey, Holgate or Branthwaite/Keane as the pairing.

Playing Iwobi wing back today just fixed the lack of options when Coleman isn't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.