2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having so many come back from South America only days ago is obviously going to take its toll, especially when i doubt fulham had many on international duty, of course they're going to be tired, internationals asked them to play 3 games in a week as well as travel.

But we won without assistance, you see teams like united playing worse teams with a squad twice as expensive and need all the help they can get from officials to win, these are the teams we'll be competing with. No team is perfect so got to take the rough with the smooth.

Good thing is no international break until Match

Good thing is no international break until Match

Yeah, that first one did royally screw us over the rs had just been hit for 7 and we had a 100% it would have been a comfortable win for us over them imo and who knows what would have followed.

But then the second one came at the right time i believe, although it's hard to say whether it was purely due to Richarlison.

We do look worryingly unfit, I'll be honest.

We were absolutely shot after an hour, including players who hadn't played in the last week or weren't on international duty at all.

Didn't help that the tactics were crap in the second half.

Other than picking Mina, though, he got it right in the first half.

Loads of work to do but the fitness thing is a concern for me.

It’s odd because some players like DCL and Richarlison went on international duty but looked very fit when they were on the pitch. James and Allan didn’t though. Doucoure didn’t look at the races at any point though and he had been at Finch Farm for two weeks.

It’s odd because some players like DCL and Richarlison went on international duty but looked very fit when they were on the pitch. James and Allan didn’t though. Doucoure didn’t look at the races at any point though and he had been at Finch Farm for two weeks.
Allan played for Brazil and got a knock which is why he didn’t play their second game

I actually thought Doucoure was the only one who looked like he had energy in midfield at the end

I do think the main issue is we just sat back and let Fulham have tons of the ball so we did loads of running side to side. We had no outball other than Richarlison and DCL so they had to do tons of running - again that’s a failing of the last window that we’re gonna have to flog these lot

I don’t know what they work on in training but the defensive issues need to be addressed. It’s criminal how easy it’s becoming for the opposition to just walk right to the edge of our own penalty area. Wasn’t the reason we signed more midfielders to put a stop to this happening? We can’t keep sugar coating it because we scraped 3 points. Poor defending has cost us massively the last 3 games and longer it carries on it will cost us more. A better side would have punished us.

Allan played for Brazil and got a knock which is why he didn’t play their second game

I actually thought Doucoure was the only one who looked like he had energy in midfield at the end

I do think the main issue is we just sat back and let Fulham have tons of the ball so we did loads of running side to side. We had no outball other than Richarlison and DCL so they had to do tons of running - again that’s a failing of the last window that we’re gonna have to flog these lot

In hoping that a return to the weekly routine will allow our key players to get back to the form and fitness they had in the early part of the season.

I don’t know what they work on in training but the defensive issues need to be addressed. It’s criminal how easy it’s becoming for the opposition to just walk right to the edge of our own penalty area. Wasn’t the reason we signed more midfielders to put a stop to this happening? We can’t keep sugar coating it because we scraped 3 points. Poor defending has cost us massively the last 3 games and longer it carries on it will cost us more. A better side would have punished us.

To be fair, with all the international breaks, we've probably only trained twice.

Its baffling how poor we are at the back considering he's an Italian manager.

He desperately needs another defensive midfielder coming in the door in January or Gbamin to hit the ground running and stay fit once he returns as you cant play a 2 in midfield and persist with James in the team we are left too exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.