2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of those points and you pick up on the subs bit......until you pointed it out, I forgot I wrote it. The point of that post is not subs. Im just trying to explain why people vent, criticise and ask questions. I’m fairly sure I explain that. the whinging and second guessing is part of being a football fan. Just ask Real Madrid fans.....
We’ve been dog terd for nearly 35 years and people are moaning that the fans moan.....

It's the context of the moaning. We lost the last 3 matches because the squad is rubbish. Not because of the manager.

But you're right, people will always moan. We could win the lot, and the FIFA warriors would be rebuilding the squad for next seasons assault quicker than you can say mum's basement.

Kloppe took a good while for his team to click , but you want to change Carlo after his first full season with the team of crabs he inherited ?

Most know this is no overnight fix , so talk of punting a manager before he's got his own players in in lunacy.

A top keeper and right winger ( that might not be available til next summer)
then time to work with them should be the only time to start judging him.
Shouts to sack Carlo are ridiculous and it's just typical fans after a few bad games, however...

Didn't kloppy get to two finals in his first full season ( beat by city on pens in the league cup and beat by Sevilla in the Europa League )

I think Carlo should be getting top 8 and a good cup run and anything else would seem a bad season.

But on the flip side it's hard to judge these seasons because it the fans etc, I don't think we lose that game to United with fans in the ground btw. We just looked dead lethargic something with the fans shouting away we wouldn't havd

For me people cant have their cake and eat it - you can't say Ancelotti needs time & is doing the best he can with these players yet also champion the bloke who's been in charge of the last 5 transfer windows.

If we dont qualify for europe then either the manager or DOF needs to go.

For me I would boot Brands now if I could - lets look at his signings:

Digne: £18 million- one of best lbs in the world
Doucoure: £22 million - no issue
Mina: £27 million - has a mistake but not terrible
Gomes: £22 million - serious injury has really taken its toll on him
Godfrey: £25 million - having a laugh?!
Gbamin: £25 million - see above
Iwobi: £27 million - agree
Kean: £27 million - very young and very high ceiling. Early days or profit
Bernard: Free - could be better
Lossl: Free - who cares

An absolute ton of money wasted there.
I didnt include Richarlison as he was a Silva signing as James/Allan were Carlo ones.

@Deulofeumygod
have you seen the players the likes of Leicester and Wolves have signed for less than what Brands has spunked on those above?

Literally Digne is the only top signing in that list - Doucoure/Godfrey may come good but both haven't hit the ground running in truth - the rest are utter garbage.

Sorry I forgot to add DELPH to that list :rant:

Shouts to sack Carlo are ridiculous and it's just typical fans after a few bad games, however...

Didn't kloppy get to two finals in his first full season ( beat by city on pens in the league cup and beat by Sevilla in the Europa League )

I think Carlo should be getting top 8 and a good cup run and anything else would seem a bad season.

But on the flip side it's hard to judge these seasons because it the fans etc, I don't think we lose that game to United with fans in the ground btw. We just looked dead lethargic something with the fans shouting away we wouldn't havd
Dont forget Klopp never had to shift out a team full of dross like Carlo has inherited.
It will take time ( which is in short supply for some here ) as I said a propper keeper and a quality would change things for the better.

This really is no quick fix , his actual statement was Evolution not Revolution.
But obviously some want it to happen overnight.....we tried that with Koeman.

Dont forget Klopp never had to shift out a team full of dross like Carlo has inherited.
It will take time ( which is in short supply for some here ) as I said a propper keeper and a quality would change things for the better.

This really is no quick fix , his actual statement was Evolution not Revolution.

carlo should deffo get a couple of full seasons to sort it out like given how you said we had a full squad of garbage, but the team we have now although short in a few positions should still be getting top 8+

also true but we finished 12th last year!!! the thing Everton in general needs now is continuity we have to see improvement but can't be too disheartened if we don't make europe!
That 12th place finish was under Ancelotti, though. The previous years we finished 7th, 8th, 8th.

So should Brands be the one to go then?

Kloppe took a good while for his team to click , but you want to change Carlo after his first full season with the team of crabs he inherited ?

Most know this is no overnight fix , so talk of punting a manager before he's got his own players in in lunacy.

A top keeper and right winger ( that might not be available til next summer)
then time to work with them should be the only time to start judging him.
Just to add to this.
Klopps 1st season his win percentage was 44% ( with a far better squad than ours ) 5 years later its over 70%.

Atm Carlo's is 46% with the crap squad he took over.

Where the hell did that come from?

It's the context of the moaning. We lost the last 3 matches because the squad is rubbish. Not because of the manager.

But you're right, people will always moan. We could win the lot, and the FIFA warriors would be rebuilding the squad for next seasons assault quicker than you can say mum's basement.
This type of argumentation makes any kind of criticism and praise impossible. With this type of argument, neither the coach is responsible for loss nor victory. It's just a matter of calculation. Team A's players have the sum of 100, while Team B's players have the sum of 92. Team A will win no matter what.

It can also be discussed whether Southampton and Newcastle have a better squad than Everton. Think most neutrals disagree with this. Regardless, if you are the owner of a football club, then you should not spend a lot of money on paying coaches. As they are an irrelevant factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.