2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We keep talking about a RW

But I don't think that's the way to go. Gomes, like it or not, has an important role in our current set up. You can't play a real 433 with James in the midfield and 2 real wingers. He is not the best at defending and you are pushing him away from goal where he is at his best.

What we need is a RB that can attack as well and a CB.

We keep talking about a RW

But I don't think that's the way to go. Gomes, like it or not, has an important role in our current set up. You can't play a real 433 with James in the midfield and 2 real wingers. He is not the best at defending and you are pushing him away from goal where he is at his best.

What we need is a RB that can attack as well and a CB.

A reasonable point but I disagree.

EFC needs two top wingers or threats. We have Richarlison and need another one like him who is just as good.

James is at the peak of powers and once he gets fit he can play at no.10 backed up by Doucoure and Allan. Gomes is fine but offers no goal threat and should not be a starter in Carlo's brave new world.

EFC needs two top wingers or threats. We have Richarlison and need another one like him who is just as good.

James is at the peak of powers and once he gets fit he can play at no.10 backed up by Doucoure and Allan. Gomes is fine but offers no goal threat and should not be a starter in Carlo's brave new world.
Think you'r ein for a shock, he is a cog in the midfield machine and he'll start when fit in my opinion. We're currently not playing with a ten why are you changing our tactics haha

Carlo’s system doesn’t really accommodate No 10s, hence why Gylfi didn’t really have a natural position last year. Carlo has always got the best out of James when playing him wide/“inside forward” role, in the past, and I suspect he’ll continue to do so.

Now I've had time to calm down from what I've seen from Pickford I think last night, and also the previous 2 prem games, I think these are really good games for us.

Each game banished a demon that has been plaguing Everton.

Games against the top 6 away.

Simply going behind in a game.

And how we react to individual errors in a game.

Under the last few regimes we would've lost all 3 of them games. We would've put in a headpatted "knife to a gunfight" performance vs Spurs, gone out with a whimper against West Brom and would've buckled last night after the first maybe, but definitely the second mistake.

Early days, but this is a new Everton. Long may it continue.

I keep reading this about Gomes. Look at Kroos goal and assists tallies in Madrid. Very low with the assists being mainly off corners. Gomes' role here is not what he offers going forward. Not to score nor to assist. His role is to provide possession, control, and balance. He is the piece of the puzzle that connects the back to the attack. Getting the ball from the defense and passing it to either James, Richy, Digne. He also provides an escape from pressure. The dude will never look spectacular. He will just look like he did a bunch of short passes...but that's his job.

Now you are saying play a 4231 and that's fine. But the 2 wingers better come down and help defend and provide passing outlets and relieve pressure. Otherwise you are putting a lot of pressure on Decoure to be pretty damn special.

Status
Not open for further replies.