2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacked by Madrid after two seasons, sacked by Bayern after a season and a bit. Sacked by Napoli after a season and a half. He takes club backwards.

Is it not more the case though, that be follows top class managers, at elite clubs and tends to essentially stabilise them, or more critically avoid them falling off a cliff. That seems to be what hes good at.

Strangely we required a completely different job and he sort of did it. He added value.

Odd one. I hope we can think hard about the sort of fit we want now though.

No ta, I visited West Virginia once, saw the mountaineers play. Didn't enjoy it.
I visited also. Watched The Clampets. Well! "The first thing you know old Jedds a millionaire, the kin folks said Jedd move away from there. Said California is the place you ought to BE, so they loaded up the truck and moved to BEVERLEY, hills that is, black gold, Texas tea! Granny was a scream and thought Ellie May was beautiful but it was a long time ago! For those who are scratching their heads, look up The Clampets in the Beverley Hillbillies on Youtube.

Last edited:
The job of totally rebuilding us was obviously too much for him. All he now has to do is pick a team of superstars and they do the business on the pitch - they’ll win probs 80% of the time. Absolute no-brainer for him to go there.

I really wanted him to take us to the next level and I was prepared to give him time. However after Xmas it became painful to watch us play. We were awful and I think that is because Ancelotti had given up at that point and realised that this wasn’t for him.

I think he’d have walked anyway even without the offer from RM

Excellent post this, and I agree with it 100%.

When all is said and done, he has talked the talk but not stuck to his part of the bargain and jumped ship at the first opportunity just a few weeks after saying there was no truth in it. That is not very impressive IMO.
There may be family issues of course or even a concern that he would not be backed quickly enough. Who knows?
I don’t expect guys doing a job to be as committed to Everton as I am, but I do expect people to do what they say they will do and see things through. He has done the managerial equivalent of kissed the badge and then jumped ship. Just to go back to a club that has sacked him once already!!
Grazie per James e la victoria a Anfield. Arrivederci.

It’s better that it happened now, rather than next summer, at least he didn’t saddle us with players during the upcoming window, who would have proved to be unhappy to stay with us after Carlo leaving, but, would have proved very difficult to move on due to their wages and age profile.

Guess we can forget about Koulibally and the rest of Carlo’s favourites coming here now.

Can’t blame him for leaving, the lure of Real would be hard to reject for any manager.

Our players are generally crap, no matter who is in charge.
For me out of context him opting for a more prestigious managerial position isn't a sin but the fact he launched a scathing rebuke of the super league clubs and then was adamant about rejecting Madrid's advances as he was devoted to the Everton project, only to sign like a week later makes it little more sketchy, at least in my eyes.

Last edited:

I'd like us to go for a young British manager this time around. A similar appointment like Moyes was, early in management career with lots of enthusiasm and high ambitions. The difference this time would be that whoever came in would have a level of financial backing to bring the players in to move us forward, which is something that Moyes never had.

Yes please, the lying scumbag, ha the one person I thought had a bit of class and dignity.

I dont know why hes done stuff like this his whole career. In 2001 he was driving to sign a contract he'd agreed with parma then he got a phone call off milan saying they wanted him so he turned his phone off and drove to Milan and signed for them.

Then he agreed a contract with Chelsea behind milans back and left them.

As the parma president said to ancelotti when he finally turned his phone on and told him he'd signed for milan.

"I understand completely, I understand that you are a man of no integrity".

Status
Not open for further replies.