2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fergie won like 13 (I think) PL titles with United but got sacked by St Mirren.

I could give loads of other examples like the one you gave but I don't see what relevance they have to Ancelotti.

fair enough, let's see how it all pans out. going on a keegan rant, "i would love you to prove me wrong, i really would" :)

I won’t make any decisions on Carlo till the end of season. He has two games to turn it around for me.

Some people in here absolutely scuttering the bed already.

Not one of these players are his. Let’s look at what he’s done already with a squad that isn’t his

- The first manager brave enough since Moyes 04/05 to regularly play a formation other than 4231/433. Even if it’s not working he hasn’t shifted back to 4231 just to cater to Sigurdsson or our slow midfielders. He’s set his stall out with a formation that Everton fans have been calling for for ages and gets the best out of best player Richarlison.

- He’s made Mason Holgate first choice central defender because of his ability on the ball. Something fans could see for a while but previous managers would not give him an extended run in the team either sending him on loan or constantly rotating him. Carlo took ten minutes to make the defence Holgate plus another

- He got Calvert Lewin scoring. Yes he’s not slotted since the restart but his best form in an Everton shirt has been under Ancelotti.

- He’s had more away wins in the games he’s had than some Everton managers have had in a whole season.

- our set pieces are far better

- he’s destroyed the myth of Sigurdsson as a guaranteed starter and dropped him numerous times

- He sold Morgan Schneiderlin

- HE SOLD MORGAN SCHNEIDERLIN

- He’s already called out the players and especially Pickford for unacceptable performances. That’s something previous managers didn’t do often enough.

- He’s brought through Gordon and Branthwaite and given them proper game time in the league. Apart from Davies no Everton manager has bothered with the youth players we’ve had. Most have even kept Holgate and Calvert Lewin out the teams at times.

He’s doing all the things that as fans we’d want. I can’t fault him for the majority of decisions he’s made but his hands are tied by injuries and the players available until the transfer window opens.

I think what we see now is what is called regression toward the mean. The good start we got when hiring CA is not an unusual phenomenon, but eventually you return to the normal level. I even think we would have ended up with about the same score with Silva as coach. Maybe a little worse, or better.

What is important in the future is that we have a clear strategy, and especially when it comes to player purchases. In addition, we must improve the academy. Considering the starting point, we need at least 5-10 years before we can even start dreaming of the top 6. Provided that we do everything right, and that our competitors stumble. If Carlo manages to keep us in the top 10 in the meantime, he has done a good job. His main task will be to stabilize the club for a long transition period.

I’ll be honest I’ve no idea why we have stuck with 4-4-2 when we don’t have 2 midfielders mobile enough to make it work.
When was the last time we genuinely looked like the much better side in a game of football?

I’ll be honest I’ve no idea why we have stuck with 4-4-2 when we don’t have 2 midfielders mobile enough to make it work.
When was the last time we genuinely looked like the much better side in a game of football?

Palace in February or United just before the lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.