2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scariest thing is if the Man utd last minute goal is Given and we don't lose a 2 goal lead home to Newcastle in injury time, look where we'd be in the table now...(Let's not even contemplate that we lost 3 games against the promoted teams
under Silva this season and 2 at home - you can easily see how Leicester got where they have)
That Man utd goal being disallowed still angers me so so so much. Vile.

Still can't believe we got him here. Whatever he is paid is not enough compared to the players he has to work with. I'm sure he is relishing the challenge of winning games with a non existent midfield.
Like giving Michelangelo a piece of toilet paper and a ball point pen and asking for a masterpiece.

Table since he had 1st game v Burnley

1593640345174.png

The transformation since Silva's sacking has been amazing. Ancelotti deserves great credit for turning things around. Whenever we get optmistic about Everton, we always seem to get a kick up the rear end, to bring us crashing back down to earth. Still though in time and once Ancelotti has his ideal squad built, then it's hard not to feel optimistic about the future. He inherited a squad left over from bad managers in Martinez Koeman Allardyce and Silva, and he is getting a tune out of these players. He is getting the results, and all credit to him for that. Having a manager who knows what he's doing, makes such a massive difference.

Thing with Carlo is, unlike previous managers, who have had their own system and tried to shoehorn our players into it, he has looked at the strengths and weaknesses of his squad and come up with a system they can play. He knows we don’t have the ability to control games due to our extremely one paced midfield, so, he concedes lots of possession, in unthreatening positions to the opponents and then bypasses our midfield and plays long to our strikers who do have a bit of pace.

Added to this he now has the back four well drilled and all knowing their jobs. OK, it isn’t great to watch, but, it will evolve as he gradually adds his own players to the mix.

It’s funny, when Leicester fluked their goal, I still expected us to win. It’s a while since I have felt like that.

Really instilling some very good positional sense in our players across the board. Our shape out of possesion is so disciplined and the way we defend seems to be as well drilled as it's been in absolute years. I think it's clear that all the players are buying into his ideas and it's very encouraging to see.

was great even with the first half putting rich on nidi to counter the extra man in midfield, then to the diamond in midified with the back 5 was just pure class such a difference from earlier in the season. We can adapt to teams now still cant believe that he is here think this has been the club he has needed again as us fans are 100 per cent behind him

He's not so in love with 4-4-2, is he?
Perhaps he might think it suits the team right now.
Maybe next season when he gets new players, we will enjoy his tactical maestro more lol

Status
Not open for further replies.