2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti, on BT Sport: "The best thing today is the result, the performance was not so good. It was a difficult game, a lot of interruptions. We were not able to keep the intensity. Richarlison did a fantastic counter attack and we won for this reason.

"Before the break, three points is important. We know they have this quality, Richarlison is a fantastic player in counter attack, he used that situation really well."

On Theo Walcott's injury: "In the squad there is no player that can replace the ability of Walcott, Sidibe did well but is more defensive qualities than Walcott, I hope it will not be serious but we will see tomorrow."

And Sidibe missing a sock before coming on: "A new experience for me!"

On qualifying for Europe: "This is the target, since I arrived the team did a fantastic job, now we have a possibility to think about Europa League."

Very honest assessment. We played poorly but if we build a team and focus mainly on counter, we will reap reward because we have players capable of capitalising on fast break.

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti, speaking to BBC Sport: "It was an important result. We climbed the table and that's the most important thing.

"Richarlison's goal was an outstanding counter attack. He's a fantastic player and really important for us and this was an outstanding goal.

"When the strikers score goals it is important. They need to have the support of the other players and some parts we did well but some parts we can do better.

"In the 30 days since I arrived here I have to be happy. The players and staff did a fantastic job but the Europa League has to be the target.

"When I arrived the spirit was good and after that we have quality in the squad. At this moment everything is OK but this is football and sometimes it is unpredictable."

I’m afraid I’m not going to be able to stop thinking about the 4 dropped points against Arsenal and Newcastle for the next 2 weeks.

Yes but Watford will be saying the same about our game, we had no business winning that. We are upwardly mobile, and that’s all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.