Coleman
Kean
Keane
Richarlison
DCL
Schneiderlin
Davies
Walcott
Referring to players as weak seems like quite an incendary and old fashioned way to refer to and belittle people.

The mental resilience of these players, as well as maintaining individual and collective concentration is what is key in getting them to perform from the first kick off to the final whistle. That will require improvements in fitness, and being coached consistently so that they all know their individual roles and can rely on the other players in the team to do what they are supposed to do. This isn't an overnight job. I think Ancelotti can get the best from these players and will eventually replace them with players that aren't tainted by the culture of going hiding or accepting silly mistakes without their being consequence for them.

I do however believe that some of those players don't believe they should be held to account for mistakes and don't think they need to improve to remove them from their game. That attitude is unacceptable. DCL for example makes mistakes but I believe he is committed to correcting them and has grown in stature over the season and I am made up for him and us that he has shown that. Richarlison works hard and doesn't go hiding. Kean looks to be turning a corner. Others in that list may well need to buck their ideas up and some may not be of requisite quality long term no matter what effort they put in, but it is unacceptable to not want to put the work in if they have professional pride in their performances.

TLDR: I hope Ancelotti will sort out the culture of sloppy mistakes over time and replace/ improve the overall culture of the club.

Referring to players as weak seems like quite an incendary and old fashioned way to refer to and belittle people.

The mental resilience of these players, as well as maintaining individual and collective concentration is what is key in getting them to perform from the first kick off to the final whistle. That will require improvements in fitness, and being coached consistently so that they all know their individual roles and can rely on the other players in the team to do what they are supposed to do. This isn't an overnight job. I think Ancelotti can get the best from these players and will eventually replace them with players that aren't tainted by the culture of going hiding or accepting silly mistakes without their being consequence for them.

I do however believe that some of those players don't believe they should be held to account for mistakes and don't think they need to improve to remove them from their game. That attitude is unacceptable. DCL for example makes mistakes but I believe he is committed to correcting them and has grown in stature over the season and I am made up for him and us that he has shown that. Richarlison works hard and doesn't go hiding. Kean looks to be turning a corner. Others in that list may well need to buck their ideas up and some may not be of requisite quality long term no matter what effort they put in, but it is unacceptable to not want to put the work in if they have professional pride in their performances.

TLDR: I hope Ancelotti will sort out the culture of sloppy mistakes over time and replace/ improve the overall culture of the club.
They all give physical effort. That isn't the problem. They just have no game time nous and / or the mental strength to compose themselves and shut out everything external to the task at hand.

That's the difference between good professionals and players who just get professional football money....and we have an overabundance of the latter....and have done for years.

Probably got the hardest job in the premier league. That’s no joke. Trying to get these players to live up to our expectations will be very difficult. The squad and culture of the club is utterly horrific.

Probably got the hardest job in the premier league. That’s no joke. Trying to get these players to live up to our expectations will be very difficult. The squad and culture of the club is utterly horrific.
hardest? we have a strong squad, our squad is enough to be top 10 in this league however with this outdated manager we cant achieve that sadly. lets assume we are relegated even in that situtation people would defend this ancelotti guy its sad actually

hardest? we have a strong squad, our squad is enough to be top 10 in this league however with this outdated manager we cant achieve that sadly. lets assume we are relegated even in that situtation people would defend this ancelotti guy its sad actually

we are strong in areas, but our central midfield options are up there with the very worst in the league, we have a keeper who can't control himself and a CB injury away from having shovel head Michael keane playing... and a ridiculously out of form Digne

we are strong in areas, but our central midfield options are up there with the very worst in the league, we have a keeper who can't control himself and a CB injury away from having shovel head Michael keane playing... and a ridiculously out of form Digne
i agree with you in CB part keane is really a championship level player but pickford is the main goalkeeper of england and hes a very decent keeper, top 5 in the league if you ask me he just conceded a unlucky goal its just that nothing else. digne... i dont think hes that bad he used to be great but now hes just okay imo like i said the only weak part of our squad is CB depth other than that we are very strong

Who, in your opinion, is better suited for the job?

He is obviously a WUM.

We need more active banning on here.

Forums are all about opinions and I found a couple of the background stories on people I'd assumed to be Kopites on a windup interesting enough to park my cynicism for a time.

So I'm trying to treat this fella as an honest broker.

DependableSolidCheetah-max-1mb.gif

i agree with you in CB part keane is really a championship level player but pickford is the main goalkeeper of england and hes a very decent keeper, top 5 in the league if you ask me he just conceded a unlucky goal its just that nothing else. digne... i dont think hes that bad he used to be great but now hes just okay imo like i said the only weak part of our squad is CB depth other than that we are very strong

I don't think pickford is awful either, it's just his mentality isn't there

he seemed to have sorted his head out after the Newcastle away game last year, but then it's been coming back again this season

you don't think we are weak in CM right now? ( with gomes and gbamin out )

I'd say the only CM who has looked alrite for the past 3 or 4 months is Holgate and he's our best CB

Calling it early but I was all for dunc til the end of the season. We have a proven winner who deserves time. Why don’t I feel entirely happy???? Can’t put my finger on it. I loved him at Chelsea and real: top bloke. Just doesn’t feel Everton so far

This I seriously don't get. He's been great with the fans, with the way he's spoken about the club and the city and with his ambition and frankness about the squad.

i would go with big dunc till end of the season and in summer i would look for manager candidates and search the market. appointing a manager in mid season is a bad idea

What if the person available mid season is better than anyone you could realistically get in the off season? As seems to be the case.

And he's only lost one league game so far! How is that a bad idea? Would Ferguson have won more or lost less?

Status
Not open for further replies.