2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting duel between two good managers. I thought Carlo might have pulled a rabbit out of the hat in the second half, but a stalemate was a decent enough result as I thought West Ham shaded it. Can’t believe Haller is a 40M striker!

I’m leaning towards the lack of courage in midfield but I can’t help feeling we will have more control of midfield if we put holgate there. He plays without fear.
I wouldn’t. He’s our best defender at present. The thought of Keane and Mina together is scary.

I like definition of “absolutely not good”

straight at’em Carlo
With regards to the performance and result, I really like his honesty when talking to the press: "It's okay, I am not so happy." I hope it's even more to the players.

No need to make it more than it is, so they appreciate what he/we expect from the club and that there is a long, long way to go.

I really hope his standards don't slip and he doesn't accept performances like yesterday's in a year's time. In a way, Everton grinds you down because we've seen so many of our past managers who would eventually succumb to thinking yesterday was a good point away from home. We need to set our sights higher and hopefully Ancelotti will.

Status
Not open for further replies.