2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 points from 12 in the league for Carlo.

14 points in our last 7 games. Silva took 14 points from the first 15 games.

Derby was a shambles but our league results have been decent and have reduced the need to panic in this window.
No panic as you say. If we get some buys in in January go for it. But don't pay stupid money. We should be focusing all our transfer business for the summer

Shouldn't underestimate that result given what happened at Anfield. A few times it has taken us a good while to shake off something like that.

If we can keep going during this run of winnable fixtures where Ancelotti also has time to work rounding the deficiencies of the players we might have something that isn't just a false dawn.
Last season after Anfield we completely collapsed till the 17 daybreak

TBH, I was really surprised to see him trying to get this lot to play his style of football from the off.

I’d have thought he’d have taken one look & told Duncan to keep the reigns until he could recruit a few players. Particularly wish we’d done that last week, because I can’t imagine us not winning that game if we’d bypassed our non existent midfield... Oh well...

But today I thought we played some really good stuff in that 1st half. Sidibe & Bernard both created some great moves & Walcott looked like the Walcott of 10 years ago (ripping defenders, but no end product).

We tired badly in the 2nd half, but if the Coaching continues to gel & we get Gomes & Gbamin back, plus hopefully a few signings, things could start to improve.

Been very impressed with everything he's said since joining. And to think people question if he is "right" for us.

Not disagreeing, but I thought he might have had a nice word or two for the fans after today's match. He didn't mention the fans in the BBC interview that I heard.

We won, that’s the important thing. But those subs. My oh my. Some of the worst in game management I’ve ever seen. Completely changed the course of the game, not in a good way.
Brighton where coming into the game so he tried to shore up the right hand side first, then Glenn Murray was causing a few issues so he brought mina on to mark him. He could have put Baines Like for like with Digne. Yes we where a bit lucky but don’t think the subs where wrong.

Brighton where coming into the game so he tried to shore up the right hand side first, then Glenn Murray was causing a few issues so he brought mina on to mark him. He could have put Baines Like for like with Digne. Yes we where a bit lucky but don’t think the subs where wrong.
I thought they were absolutely Shocking and completely unnecessary. I don’t think anything needed shoring up until after the subs, because we completely lost the impetus at that point. As I say, it doesn’t matter because we held on, but I’m not going to pretend I was happy with what he did just because he’s famous.

I thought they were absolutely Shocking and completely unnecessary. I don’t think anything needed shoring up until after the subs, because we completely lost the impetus at that point. As I say, it doesn’t matter because we held on, but I’m not going to pretend I was happy with what he did just because he’s famous.

I wasnt thrilled with the subs at the time.

Upon reflection I wonder if he didnt feel he had any other options aside from bringing Kean on?

Mina was on to mark their sub centre forward with Keane still there to safeguard against any high balls.

Delph on for Bernard to hold the midfield ground and of course Coleman to cover against Sidibe wandering out of position...

Theoretically i can see why he made the subs and its also a learning experience for him.

He will now have seen that some of the players arent to be trusted and others are out of their depth / comfort zone.

West Ham will be a key game for him...get a result there and the momentum will see the squad looking up the table not down.

Which is why we won? Not to say that the last stretch of the game was the prettiest, but how many actual opportunities did they have to score after the subs were made? There was 1, and it was from a ball that somehow squeaked through 4 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.