2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We....Sorry me and the actual Everton’s on this forum know for a fact we would of lost with Dunc in... the players arnt good enough, They wilt in stead of standing up

I didn't say we'd have won, I said it would have been a different game, which it would have.

Passing it around at the back with that team and against the RS who press at a high tempo simply doesn’t work. Silva tried it, for 18 months!

Dunc had it right (at least for a couple of games): play a style that gets the best out of the players you have until you can recruit the right players.

It will certainly be fascinating to watch as an experiment. But I'd have preferred someone with the experience we need rather than taking the gamble. Again.

After all, you don't get the interior designers in to lay the foundations of your new house.

I just hope Carlo is good at digging out and digging in.

I don’t know, we seemed to have tried a lot of different strategies, so why not take a risk? The other possible candidates were all extremely underwhelming.

Still a good appointment in my books.

I'm confident the Derby would have been a different game with him in charge.

He arguably extracted more from that group of players and we've now plumbed new depths I didn't even think imaginable as an Everton fan (and I guess that's saying something).

Jesus, Carlo has just got here, is trying to implement new ideas and use his wealth of title winning experience to push us forward, and you call it a new depth.

Instead, you’re calling for a manager who has never managed at all, let alone at the top level and proven himself a winner.

Personally I wish never to see Sig or Schnid again im just at the stage now where i'm hoping he just puts Baines in the middle to spare us the heartache.

Ancelotti's lucky in one respect, he's in the 'Managers Honeymoon Period' were, if he can't actually ask for more or less anything.

He could propose...and should be granted...the power make some pretty draconian decisions, because he's only been in the job 18 days - unlike say, Silva who with 18mths under his belt and would no doubt have been told...this is your mess, you fix it...we're not going anywhere near your 'Plan A for Apocalypse.' - we'll be a laughing stock.

I think Ancalotti can look forward to having that same 'Plan A for Apocalypse' reluctantly approved...because we have to do something, we are a 'kin laughing stock.

Make it a good one Carlo - root and branch - no quarter, free transfers all around, no punishmemt too harsh, no humiliation too degrading etc etc.

(I wonder how my choice - borderline nut job Bielsa, would handle this)

I don't really want to here the apologies. If you want to do right, go and defeat them in the league.

Also the statement is ridiculous. It wasn't just not taking the chances in the first half. We were going through the gears in the first half. The few moments of quality we put together we walked through them. That should have been an annihilation yesterday, and his reflections seem to be the problems can be levelled centrally on poor finishing.

Yeah man 100% fair enough sometimes you have games were nothing goes in or the keeper is a wall but we literally didn’t lay a glove on them all second half. Even if we’d have utterly dominated the first half and should have been 5-0 up at HT that second half negated everything.

Jesus, Carlo has just got here, is trying to implement new ideas and use his wealth of title winning experience to push us forward, and you call it a new depth.

Instead, you’re calling for a manager who has never managed at all, let alone at the top level and proven himself a winner.
And Ferguson had the self-awareness to know he wasn't ready for the role.

Lets see what the bloke is made of with his signings this window...whether short or long term thinking.
Turn the record over for Christs sake. We all know what you want.......3 X 12 year olds & 2 @ 14. We need a 3 man spine all World Class, it doesn't
matter how old they are, they will teach the 'make-weights' how to play.

I am overjoyed that Ancelloti has joined us and hope he is allowed to reconstruct the playing staff from number 1 up.

However, I cannot understand his tactics for the Lpool game and he seemed to let the game drift with no ideas?

Our tactics from the off seemed to be silly short passes around the back line (similar to City away) then a hoof to DCL/Walcott. This allowed a disorganised Lpool
to dominate possession and control. We created chances but only because they were all over the place the first 30 minutes.

Second half they had got to grips with their structure and passed/moved/closed/dominated possession like a good team. We had no attacking plan, no base, and absolutely no control in the middle of the pitch. The players lacked fight, organisation or a plan.

Ancelloti belatedly brought Delph/Bernard on to try and input some fresh legs and some control of the ball and direction. Surely this was way too late.

The one thing this guy needs is time. Not a couple of windows. He needs years of dedication to construct a proper and coherent squad build. Fans need to maintain faith when it starts to wobble as that will inevitably happen. If Ancelotti is not Everton manager come Summer 2021 then the trouble has only just started. The quick-fix culture is a nonsense.

T.I.M.E.

I am overjoyed that Ancelloti has joined us and hope he is allowed to reconstruct the playing staff from number 1 up.

However, I cannot understand his tactics for the Lpool game and he seemed to let the game drift with no ideas?

Our tactics from the off seemed to be silly short passes around the back line (similar to City away) then a hoof to DCL/Walcott. This allowed a disorganised Lpool
to dominate possession and control. We created chances but only because they were all over the place the first 30 minutes.

Second half they had got to grips with their structure and passed/moved/closed/dominated possession like a good team. We had no attacking plan, no base, and absolutely no control in the middle of the pitch. The players lacked fight, organisation or a plan.

Ancelloti belatedly brought Delph/Bernard on to try and input some fresh legs and some control of the ball and direction. Surely this was way too late.
That’s wasn’t his tactics tho, the players just started it against City and he was fuming, they did the same against the RS, he doesn’t play that style of football.
pervious 2 games we dominated the ball with nice passing, our midfield vanished against the RS, City. The players at the back panicked and just started passing between themselves or hoofing it up field

That’s wasn’t his tactics tho, the players just started it against City and he was fuming, they did the same against the RS, he doesn’t play that style of football.
pervious 2 games we dominated the ball with nice passing, our midfield vanished against the RS, City. The players at the back panicked and just started passing between themselves or hoofing it up field

Exactly this. They couldn’t cope with being closed down, the two slugs in midfield didn’t show for them, and when they did, they played it straight back be cause they were under pressure themselves.

Ancelotti was telling them to play it out quicker. It took them so long to pass it out, Liverpool were ready for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.