2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never said Ancelotti was under pressure. It was the guy who responded who said it. Nothing to do with McNulty. And anyone who thinks the manager is under pressure is beyond daft.
Yes. All McNulty said was that it was unreasonable for anybody to expect a new manager to immediately put spirit and competence into a squad who have spent months or years proving themselves spineless and inept. Can't see how anyone can argue with that.

I stated that’s it’s the constant tripe that’s been served for the last 3 and a half years that has angered the fans to the point where they’ve lost patience. And it’s understandable imo.

Its simple mindedness, because everyone got carried away with the spending sprees expecting instant success instead of showing level headiness and realising it was going to be a long term vision

I don’t get why he started Sigurdsson? was hauled off last week cos once again he was non existent, started again and low and behold he was non existent again and dragged off.

Probably because he's one of them players who is unbelievable in training and the manager keeps hoping it will carry on into the game

I think we just need to accept that Ancelotti is going to need to rebuild the entire squad from top to bottom and it is going to take quite some time to do. We have finally got a top class manager and he can now build a new Everton, one which has a winning mentality and is capable of challenging anyone again.

Going to have to be patient as difficult as that is as it is a massive project but this time with the right foundation in place, i.e a quality manager.

I can’t for the life of me work out how we were so bad in the second half. At least in the first half we were creating very good chances to score. It’s like the team collectively decided to give up trying.

Bottled under anxiety. We had plenty of chances and didn't score. We kept them in the game. The crowd built up, they carried on with their game and were boosted by it more and more as we self destructed. Our spine went.

Klopp has instilled an invincibility mind set at home that filters from top to bottom. What happened today has happened to pretty much every side that goes to Anfield nowadays. If you don't score, they'll always get a result. Our embarrassment is it not being down to losing to their first team or b team...it was their under 23s.

Klopp also knows our players mentalities more than our managers to be honest. Don't forget that's twice he's literally not bothered against us this season...fielded two inferior teams and came out on top. Easily.

I don’t get why he started Sigurdsson? was hauled off last week cos once again he was non existent, started again and low and behold he was non existent again and dragged off.

I don't want to ever see Sigurdson start a game for us again... But, there was no wrong team selection today... We were playing a team with 16 year and 18 years old... We were playing a team who lost their experienced captain after 6 minutes....Sigurdson should have been more than capable of bossing that game...

Our team selection was irrelevant today... It was always gonna be about our attitude and bottle, and hunger....

We lack those qualities as an entire squad...not just the certain players out there today.... We've lacked leadership and competence at board and management levels for years now....why is our latest manager still picking someone like Sneiderlin who's failed several managers already... Sigurdson who's failed several managers... Walcott........ Because we've failed to sign players to replace them, so they're still out there today... And that's madness...christ we still haven't replaced lukaku since he left 2 & a half years ago...

So no blame for any team selection today, it was a team that should have won comfortably had the players had any balls....lets hope when we play Liverpool next season, Ancelotti has real players to choose from... And let's hope Sneiderlin, Sigurdson, Walcott and several others are playing at other clubs..

There will be many more days as dark as this as Ancelotti rebuilds our club. All we can do is get behind him and get behind the players. We need a few years of stability now. Sacking him will achieve nothing.

Well if a manager of Ancelottis stature and standing can't turn us around, then i'll lose all hope.The board really do need to make sure, that he has all the backing that is needed, to turn us around.

Status
Not open for further replies.