2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at this forum, this topic. Full of people suggesting he’s clueless tactically, picked the wrong team or, which is I find incredibly funny, that Duncan Ferguson would have stopped that performance happening. Our fans have delusions of grandeur and entitlement that far out weigh our position in the game at the moment. Ancelotti is one of the first steps on resolving that but the man needs time and patience. Alls I learnt today is that we have a squad full of rats who won’t fight for the badge.
That's not a body of fans...and for the most part it's of the "I didn't understand those tactics today' variety of 'criticism'.

They need someone to instil a drive, resilience, intensity and work ethic in the team that isn't there right now. THAT is why I argued he wouldn't be right for us initially. By definition, he is overqualified.

He's one of the best there is. A true, world class, top manager and he needs time and endless support to get it right here, I pray to god that the boards throw serious cash at this with him.
The bizarre reality for me is if Dunc were still interim manager we'd highly likely still be in the cup. Klopp practically handed it to us but the team selection, formation, playing it out from the back and lack of energy particularly after the half time 'pep' talk helped create the most humiliating performance I've ever seen.
Dunc would have kept it simple with 4-4-2, picking the committed players, getting it forward quickly and instilling passion in players that would ensure the red kids knew they were in a battle.
Carlo's had an incredible career but if he's ultimately not the right fit he could become the most expensive sacking football has ever seen.

Look at this forum, this topic. Full of people suggesting he’s clueless tactically, picked the wrong team or, which is I find incredibly funny, that Duncan Ferguson would have stopped that performance happening. Our fans have delusions of grandeur and entitlement that far out weigh our position in the game at the moment. Ancelotti is one of the first steps on resolving that but the man needs time and patience. Alls I learnt today is that we have a squad full of rats who won’t fight for the badge.
In my opinion he did pick the wrong team though. It doesn’t mean I want him sacked, or think he’s clueless or whatever, I just think he made an error, as we all do from time to time. The fact he’s a great manager doesn’t mean we can’t question him at all.

Every team will press us high up the pitch. The last two games have shown that we do not have the right quality to play out from the back. Every time failing to pass the ball out.

In my opinion he did pick the wrong team though. It doesn’t mean I want him sacked, or think he’s clueless or whatever, I just think he made an error, as we all do from time to time. The fact he’s a great manager doesn’t mean we can’t question him at all.

Of course he’s not beyond questioning, and I will question any team with Sigurdsson in a midfield two, but our midfield is so poor I don’t really see any other options. The man needs time, hopefully though this will have sealed the fate of many of this god awful squad.

i witnessed today, iceland and sidibe doing the " i dont want it hand gesture" and snides running next to their players.so basically getting himself marked. When you add to that keane is a complete bag of nerves and dropped at the minute, i'm not sure training is needed, more like a psycologist.

At least in defeat we may get the signings we so desperately needs...

We must score goals to gain the confidence we need to improve & become a better team.....

Status
Not open for further replies.