2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not difficult to find one in Italian league. They are known to produce well in this particular position.

Old school Italian tactic of using a deep lying playmaker and this position is part of the football culture over there.
Fair enough but that’s not a guarantee that it’ll work in a different football culture.

Fair enough but that’s not a guarantee that it’ll work in a different football culture.

not really about culture.
it’s a way Ancelotti choose to play, very old school Italian style. The first half they tried to play short from the back and it ends up “dead” whenever delph drops back and receive the ball. Going nowhere. Nobody in our team is capable of this role.

Ancelotti has no choice but to change it and adopt a Long approach in the second half.

I think a deep lying playmaker is essential to fully see the work of Ancelotti.

Good half

very typical Italian football.

one thing for sure, Ancelotti must buy a Pirlo type midfielder for his tactic to work.
He can see today what a void there is in the centre of the pitch for Everon.

We're ok on the flanks, the centre of the pitch is a desert of creativity.
Good first win, now get some big name players ready for Jan.
Not difficult to find one in Italian league. They are known to produce well in this particular position.

Old school Italian tactic of using a deep lying playmaker and this position is part of the football culture over there.
not really about culture.
it’s a way Ancelotti choose to play, very old school Italian style. The first half they tried to play short from the back and it ends up “dead” whenever delph drops back and receive the ball. Going nowhere. Nobody in our team is capable of this role.

Ancelotti has no choice but to change it and adopt a Long approach in the second half.

I think a deep lying playmaker is essential to fully see the work of Ancelotti.

Key is to have a player in that system who can drop deep to pick up the ball...turn and run forward + ping passes around.

Gbamin and Gomes may be able to do this...

I really hope we get Tonali from Brescia in Jan. He's already a class player and will be a world class midfielder if he gets into the right team and with the right manager.

If we can get him then i think we will be looking at ending the season a lot higher up the table than we are now...and im not talking 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.