Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media are desperate for a tug of war within the club. Is there any solid evidence that Moshiri goes rogue and appoints who he wants or Brands is overlooked and has no say in any of this?

In reality I reckon they all sit around a video call phone or discuss in person the possibilities and come to an agreement.

Firstly, I'm not a kopite. That's insulting. Secondly, come back to me in 6 months and we shall talk. Anyways, I'm sure a Kopite would rather us have Ancelotti than someone like Nagelsmann, Pochettino or Rodgers.
Maybe that's true. But why would Nagelsmann (first in Germany), Rodgers (second in England and a kopite) or Poch (basically in line for any job he wants) join us? Given the circumstances we've done decent here.

And I'm in the camp that we should be looking for the kind of guy who will take 3 to 4 years to build up something. But that was supposed to be Marco and how did that go? The right guy for that is not always easy to find.

View attachment 74272

That doesn't look too bad if I'm honest. We'd deffo need an upgrade at a centreback position, possibly a new RB if we won't purchase Sidibe and a better right winger.

And of course a new CF if Kean won't fulfill his potential. DCL I think will be great under Ancelotti as he loves one of his forwards to do a dirty work for a poacher alongside him.

Have my doubts on Gomes and Gbamin as a partnership though.

We won’t see that till
Next season

Unpopular opinion but this could be one of the worst appointments in the PL for a long time. Sorry to be a miserable git but out of all the possible up and coming young talented managers, we have decided to hire a dinosaur, who is clearly past his expiry date. I wanted a young up and coming manager like Rodgers, Eddie Howe, Nagelsmann, Pochettino, who have a good attacking philosophy and showed time and time again what they are capable of, in terms of building teams with limited resources. Sure, some of those managers are not available right now but there's always a chance of bringing them in the summer. We've rejected this idea and decided to go for a manager, who is basically a "cheque-book" manager. Managed to turn a great Napoli side under Sarri, into one of the most uninspiring teams in Italy; absolutely downgraded them. Liverpool had the chance of appointing either Ancelotti or Klopp, when they sacked Rodgers back in 2015, and 4 years on, they are on their way to creating a dynasty under Klopp.
What Everton needs right now is someone that can come in and change the club from top to bottom. We need someone with the experience, the expertise and be respected enough to be able to change every fibre of the club.
At the moment Everton are lost. We've been on a downward spiral for too long. Mis-management at board level, poor recruitment, no winning mentality.
The chances of finding an up and coming young manager with the capabilities of changing this club are slim. Personally I think Moyes did a fantastic job at the club as a young, up and coming manager but then he showed his limitation. He reached his limit and couldn't push on any further.
Obviously Ancelotti comes with no guarantees. No manager can come in with guarantees of anything but appointing a manager with proven success shows that he can do it under the right circumstances. Obviously Everton currently don't have the same standard of squad as the likes of Real Madrid, PSG & Bayern but Moshiri and Brands have the task of making that happen.
It's a huge project and one I am happy Ancelotti will be a part of.

Status
Not open for further replies.