Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on is he not with his wife Barbra having dinner in the fine city of Rome contemplating his next move as he is in no rush.

I know it's problematic, but I use ELO rankings of clubs. The only 1 of his last 6 jobs that he took over a team ranked where we are (we are currently 34th in Europe) was PSG who were 38. He spent (when you adjust to inflation within the PL) between 500-600 million in two seasons and left them ranked in the top 10 of Europe.

I am not going to speculate too much, but there would be a reasonable theory to say he has been promised substantial money (akin to PSG) with the intent of doing a similar job.

There will be a legitimate question asked as to where the funding will arrive from.I have my own views on this. There is also a question of how does this fit with having Brands on board and the broader strategy (can he adapt?).

I will be very surprised though, if significant funds were not made available to Ancelotti.

It may sound crazy, but I wouldn't rule out an approach for Koulibaly in January.
you don't bring in Carlo and then have him defer to Brands when it comes to player acquisitions.

Compared to Carlo Brands has achieved nothing in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.