Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can only pray and hope he's sick of taking over "elite" teams and will build one up and not have to deal with a demanding Chairman, Ancelotti would get a lot of patience from fans even in tough moments due to his CV.

Was Napoli an elite team when he took over? I honestly can't remember if Benitez had them doing anything of note there

One positive I’ve not seen mentioned is how well Dunc has been able to train up the players in such a short space of time can really help with the whole “Ancelotti doesn’t train the players” idea. Hypothetically let Carlo manage and run tactics and all that and Dunc can train them.

Personally I think the whole idea that he doesn’t train players is massively overblown and is probably more to do with the fact that he went to Bayern after Pep and Napoli after Sarri both of whom are notorious for rigorous training sessions that the players probably got used to. I can’t see him training the players incredibly intensely but he’d have gotten no where in management if he didn’t train them at all.

One positive I’ve not seen mentioned is how well Dunc has been able to train up the players in such a short space of time can really help with the whole “Ancelotti doesn’t train the players” idea. Hypothetically let Carlo manage and run tactics and all that and Dunc can train them.

Personally I think the whole idea that he doesn’t train players is massively overblown and is probably more to do with the fact that he went to Bayern after Pep and Napoli after Sarri both of whom are notorious for rigorous training sessions that the players probably got used to. I can’t see him training the players incredibly intensely but he’d have gotten no where in management if he didn’t train them at all.
Totally agree, won’t of won 20 trophies if he didn’t

Ancelotti at Everton is so much more than the appointment of a manager.

I would imagine there will be a substantial transfer budget available and players that may be willing to come now that would not have signed before.
We would at last have a manager that has won trophies, lots of them, and you would expect that he wants to win more and that would be his aim at Everton as it was everywhere else.
A big story for the media as well.
Let's hope it happens.

You’d have to think Ancelotti has declared an interest if we are going all out for him. The fact he’s our number one target bodes well and proves the club have set the standard quite high.

There’d be no bigger standard set if we were to bring in a manager of this calibre. Finally a proven winner who expects the best and will demand respect from our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.