Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Fergsuon is making a big song and dance out of 'doing enough' to stick around as an assistant is horrifying.

Ferguson leavin? That's not going to happen though. Personally I'd purge anyone or anything that has been associated with Everton for the last thirty years. I thought Harvey was a mistake. What a player and a man, as a caveat. Re-appointing Kendall another.

Popularity, who cares. Win. Win and win again. You're only as good as your last game.

I'm not big on sentimentality. I want winners and I really don't care were they come from. If Ancelotti keeps on Ebbrell, Jeffers, that's red flags for me. Just like when Moshiri kept on Kenwright. But tis the season of goodwill and Ancelotti is our manager...But he has to stuff it to them. Neither Kenwright or Moshiri know the first thing about football.

If this guy can't sort out the mess no-one will. But yeah, the pitiful signings, who masquerade as important players, it comes down to Brands. Just like Walsh before him. They're both woeful. They'll be a gradual clear out under Ancelotti.

Why Ancelotti would keep Ferguson? It's sentimentally and nothing else.

Its not really fair to say he was "playing to the gallery". No one knows that, for all we know he could just be like that and full of passion like a fan would be (which everyone who has commented that knows him says he is).

He was cause that's all he's got in his locker. Any of us could've done it. It's like turning up with your football boots to the match. I'm not knockin' it. But think, it was like watching an Allardyce team. I'm made up, but like I said, If he's gonna be manager of Everton, he needs to step up. It was agricultural.

So I've been admonished for using a certain word regarding Nicholas's comments yesterday.

Being long in the tooth, all I will say is that word, in my youth, meant fool, idiot, clown, and other such gentle put-downs. It would appear a different construction is placed on it nowadays...

Had I wished to be nasty, I would have used other, stronger, words.

That's my explanation. That's all.

Carlo Ancelotti appointed as Everton manager.
This is better than most of us could ever have hoped for.

It’s unsurprising that the RS media machine is pouring cold water on this but finally we have showed some purpose in putting the right man in our most important position.

If Carlo is properly backed, and he must certainly be, we can only get better and at the very least have a fighting chance of pushing up the league and being more competitive in every match we play.

Seasonal optimism couldn’t be higher!

Ferguson leavin? That's not going to happen though. Personally I'd purge anyone or anything that has been associated with Everton for the last thirty years. I thought Harvey was a mistake. What a player and a man, as a caveat. Re-appointing Kendall another.

Popularity, who cares. Win. Win and win again. You're only as good as your last game.

I'm not big on sentimentality. I want winners and I really don't care were they come from. If Ancelotti keeps on Ebbrell, Jeffers, that's red flags for me. Just like when Moshiri kept on Kenwright. But tis the season of goodwill and Ancelotti is our manager...But he has to stuff it to them. Neither Kenwright or Moshiri know the first thing about football.

If this guy can't sort out the mess no-one will. But yeah, the pitiful signings, who masquerade as important players, it comes down to Brands. Just like Walsh before him. They're both woeful. They'll be a gradual clear out under Ancelotti.

Why Ancelotti would keep Ferguson? It's sentimentally and nothing else.

If Ancelotti does nothing else than get us free from the leeches in that backroom who have strangled the club since Moyes left then he'll have succeeded in one respect.

It appalls me to think we just hired a class manager for a fortune but we still retain the people causing the problems.

It's like buying a top of the range car and putting four flat tyres on it.

All I hope is people give him the patience to build the squad. Koeman and Silva each has a season, if people immediately shouting for his resignation just after 10 game without a win, we might as well stick with Moyes or Sam.

Not at all. The squad is depleted due to injuries.

we are under-performing, the league table is not representative of how good this squad is.

You add a quality centre back and striker and midfielder....we are right in that top 4 mix.

I Certainly agree with the first two paras but not the top 4 sentiment.

I don’t think enough has been ‘made’ of the injuries the squad has had this season. Had it been one of the sky6 Dunc would have been on the queens Christmas list.

We are still 2 defenders, 2 midfielders a striker and possibly a wide man away from being top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.