Cardiff v Everton. 31st Aug @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is Cardiff manager Malky Mackay's take on that big Everton penalty shout: "I only saw it at the time, I have not seen a replay. I suppose it was close. Gary Medel feels he never made contact and that Leighton Baines was looking for the penalty all the way."

Koff Milky

Unfortunately this is what we've been reduced to under Kenwright...

I now begrudgingly think the best move for Everton now is to sell one of Baines/Fellaini and with the 20m we'd get invest in at LEAST two quality first XI players ahead of the deadline.

Sad times. Do we think Martinez was told he'd have to sell his best players to strengthen the first XI?

How would GIVING away one or other of Fellaini or Baines for a paltry £20m possibly help the situation? We need more money than that, or it's counterproductive selling them - we'd simply be funding a like for like replacement.

The osman hate is unjustified. We are dominating midfield. Up front is the problem. Jelavic is garbage.
ok jelavic was garbage ..but whats the point of dominating midfeild with an isolated striker.. he cant hold the ball up, he needs a big man to play off..4-42 pls bob

He is not going to push the issue and certainly is a crab passer in the main. Obviously he can win 50/50s and play the ball forward or he wouldn't be a premier league midfielder if he didn't do that. Fellaini is exactly the player you've just mentioned that wins timely tackles and breaks up attacks. McCarthy isn't a patch on him in that regard whether he's in "monster form" or not. Fellaini in "monster form" would be when he almost single-handedly beat the champions on his own last year. They are completely different propositions, these two players. Fellaini is the kind of player we need at DM/CM, not McCarthy.

We have Gibson who can break up the odd attack and can play great offensive passes and look to have Barry coming in who can do a job. To compare McCarthy to Felli is way off for me. Gibbo is much the more similar player imo. Now add in the fact we'd be spending around £12m on him (us, Everton) and consider the other options, like Medel, that have already gone this year and I think we're making a mistake.

But we don't often have Felli in monster form. We need more energy in our mid, and McCarthy offers that.

We will just have to agree to disagree on the crab passing. Like I said I've watched him a lot. Most recent full 90 mins of McCarthy I have seen was against Spain in a friendly and he was winning lots of the ball you didn't expect us to get, in the right place at the right time and showed plenty of invention in his passing along with a great burst of pace. He was the only player anywhere near the level of the World Champions and as an Ireland and Everton supporter I was very excited at the possibility that he could be playing for both. (Coleman was pretty damn good too by the way)

I fully believe that if we get him in he will be a fan favourite within a few months and would be similar to Baines in the level of loyalty he will show.

lol at the noobs who neg rep me and threaten me..its the internet ****stains, opinions are alllowed

tumblr_lxpj5fibsv1rn9zx9o1_500.png

Fellaini was way below his best today,yet strangely enough there's hardly been a mention of this,yet Osman was scrutinised for the entire 90 minutes and every error has been blown out of proportion.

Simple difference of opinion pal. Felli did not play his best game ever, true - but he put in a shift, looked committed and made a contribution. Osman on the other hand was a passenger for most of the second half. He had very few touches whatsoever, and his defensive work.... come off it. It's not that he made a bucketful of mistakes, it's simply that half the game simply bypassed him. He's still got value as a squad player, but playing him for 90 mins every game is just hastening the rate at which his contribution drops.

I dont think he is standing out as you put it but is simply the current whiping boy. Osmand and Felli's role in this new system does not require pace. They simply get it and give it to those with pace - Mirallas, Coleman, Kone, Deulofeu etc. - letting them to do their job. I feel that Ossie is doing this very well and the criticism is unjustified.

Pace is also required when covering breaks, even when just getting to your nearest man when they are receiving the ball. He is being shown up badly in this since Jan or so for me. Positioning awful at times. I was watching closely today. He wasn't as bad ON the ball today as he has been but didn't make any real impact either on the flow of the game.

Here is Cardiff manager Malky Mackay's take on that big Everton penalty shout: "I only saw it at the time, I have not seen a replay. I suppose it was close. Gary Medel feels he never made contact and that Leighton Baines was looking for the penalty all the way."

Koff Milky

Wow..

Players get instructions from Managers. Osman may be told to make himself open for the ball then look for either the short pass to another central midfielder or to spread it out wide, barring that send it back to the centrebacks and recycle. He's this era's Unsworth. Haters gonna hate.

pretty much sums it all up for me. We're not playing bad at all but need to be more decisive and direct in the final third which Deufoleu started to do when he came in with 2 shots and good ball across the face of goal. An example would be when mirallas was played through and tried to switch it on to his right and lost it, needed to hit at frame with his left first time

Who is frame, mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.