Match Thread Cardiff City v Everton- Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He makes a huge difference just being on the pitch..

Inspires confidence in the other defenders.

We need him Sunday.

He won't and can't play every week, nor should he. But he will now be vital to us in this hard run in

There's a hell of a lot of dire defeats in the past 2 or 3 years where his presence on the pitch has contributed nothing. It's a repeating pattern where a player is out of the first team for a while and all the poor performances of the past are forgotten if they look semi-competent against a poor side.

Looking decent against Cardiff is one thing but lets not start thinking he's the answer to our problems. Games against the likes of Cardiff are supposed to be the ones where he can come in and give a decent 90 minutes against poor sides in order to rest regular first teamers.

He can have all the organisational qualities in the world but he's physically past it and cannot cope with good attacking players.
Same things happened every season for about 3 years now, a clearly over the hill jags has a solid game against an absolute dross side and the soppy brigade start with the 'he's not finished' 'play him every game'.

Stick him against any competent striker and he'll get rinsed

There's a hell of a lot of dire defeats in the past 2 or 3 years where his presence on the pitch has contributed nothing. It's a repeating pattern where a player is out of the first team for a while and all the poor performances of the past are forgotten if they look semi-competent against a poor side.
I'm going on what we saw tonight.

He might just volley us a 25 yard screamer in the derby if you want to go on past performances

Same things happened every season for about 3 years now, a clearly over the hill jags has a solid game against an absolute dross side and the soppy brigade start with the 'he's not finished' 'play him every game'.

Stick him against any competent striker and he'll get rinsed
Your one of the most down beat blues fans I know!

That takes some doing too lol

I'm going on what we saw tonight.

He might just volley us a 25 yard screamer in the derby if you want to go on past performances

You go on a game against a poor side and a law of averages screamer in one other match. I'll go off his increasingly poor form and clear age related issues over the course of 3 seasons.

We need him Sunday.

He won't and can't play every week, nor should he. But he will now be vital to us in this hard run in

But he can play 2 games in 5 days?

Tbh that sort of football is dealt with easily by any competent premier league team. A blind punt into the middle of the pitch, a dodgy first touch from the midfielder and then Calvert Lewin running away from a centreback that had a few yards on him. Doesn’t happen against any average prem team.

I'm a realist, he's been past it for a few years now.

Tbf to him though after the money we've spent over the past few seasons he shouldn't be here still but such has been how poor our business has been he is

I have massive respect for Jagielka. Some of our big money centre backs should be embarassed that they are no more solid than a player who's best days were around 7 years ago.

Tbh that sort of football is dealt with easily by any competent premier league team. A blind punt into the middle of the pitch, a dodgy first touch from the midfielder and then Calvert Lewin running away from a centreback that had a few yards on him. Doesn’t happen against any average prem team.

Bit harsh. Lovely ball from Gueye and a very well hit finish - You'll see top 6 sides concede softer goals than that, especially if they're chasing a game.

I have massive respect for Jagielka. Some of our big money centre backs should be embarassed that they are no more solid than a player who's best days were around 7 years ago.

Agreed - Our poor signings, or abililty to utilise those signings, doesn't then mean that Jags is any kind of answer to the problem.

I'm saying all this and he'll go and get MOTM in the derby! That's a vaulting I'll gladly take.

Isn't it wonderous that a 3-0 away win, against admittedly one of the poorer sides in the Premier League, gets so many negative posts on this forum. I know many of you say how much you hate Everton (yes you do, you say it all the time), but can't you at least give a little bit of praise to the team for once?

Status
Not open for further replies.