Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
cahill_crutches.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tim cahill is back at Finch farm to see the physio's and get back into his rehab. It's the first time Tim has had a break in the Summer for yonks. Hopefully this will help him to get fit again for the start of the season.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tim says: “I spent a bit of time in Australia and also went back to Samoa and did a lot of work with the kids there. I pretty much just grounded myself again. It was about recuperating and spending a lot of time with my wife and kids. It’s been enjoyable and it was great to see some sun. I saw Jags and Bainsey in Dubai. Bainesy looks like he's been sunbathing in a fridge. Hope he gets a tan before he gets back. It’s back to reality now. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The operation was a success, but I’m playing everything by ear. I think the biggest thing for myself is just taking my time and not trying to rush it. I will just train hard and wait for them to give me the all clear. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If I can get myself ready for the season that’s great. We’ve got such a good team and hopefully I’ll play some part in the start or near the start. There's going to be a fight for places again this year and I’m raring to go. I think I’m fortunate that I seem to get injured towards the end of the season. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise because it means I can do all my rehab in the summer. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I can’t afford to set targets though. I’ve broken it a few times and now I’ve had quite radical surgery. The good thing is I’m experienced in this part and I’ve kept myself really fit. Even if I can’t run I can still work out on the bikes and on other parts of my game.”[/FONT]

Hope he's back better an stronger than ever before. IMO he's a big part of our team. An we always seem to player better when he's playing.

Also love the bit about Bainsy sun bathing in a fridge. Always on the rip are tim.
[/FONT]

Hopefully he gets a few games under his belt before the season. I'm expecting us to go 4-5-1 next season so having Tim in there is key instead of having to start 4-4-2 and then revert to 4-5-1 once he's fully recovered.

Get back as soon as possible Tim. :)

I really hope Moyes gives all his new signings a go against Blackburn instead of going with the tried and trusted like last season. If he get our system, players and shape in early we'll probably have a better start.

Hopefully he gets a few games under his belt before the season. I'm expecting us to go 4-5-1 next season so having Tim in there is key instead of having to start 4-4-2 and then revert to 4-5-1 once he's fully recovered.

Get back as soon as possible Tim. :)

I really hope Moyes gives all his new signings a go against Blackburn instead of going with the tried and trusted like last season. If he get our system, players and shape in early we'll probably have a better start.

If we can get a good powerhouse defensive mid, i want to see this:

Howard

Neville Yobo Jagielka Lescott

Powerhouse DM

Pienaar Osman Arteta

Cahill

Yakubu

Proper superb that team was (Obv Cars was the DM.).

Obviously my mind will change with the signings, but i loved that team.

Howard

Powerhouse DM

Pienaar Osman Arteta

Cahill

Yakubu

Proper superb that team was (Obv Cars was the DM.).

Obviously my mind will change with the signings, but i loved that team.

If we only sign one midfielder then yes that'd be my team too.

I'd like to see Baines given a go. His pace and quality on the ball would give us another dimension down the left hand side. Hopefully he can get himself fit.

Fernandes for Osman aswell for me if we sign him. I love Ossie, he's a great player to have in the squad but Fernandes is better. Fernandes with a full pre-season under his belt will be very interesting.

The defensive midfielder is a hard one at the moment. At the moment Engelaar seems the most likely. We'll have to see what happens.

Cahill and Yakubu will continue there excellent partnership.

Howard

Powerhouse DM

Pienaar Osman Arteta

Cahill

Yakubu

Proper superb that team was (Obv Cars was the DM.).​

Obviously my mind will change with the signings, but i loved that team.​

I love ossie an he had a great season last year. But if you got some one like Moutinho or arshavin to play their, in the middle of pienaar an arteta then we would really be cooking!!

If we only sign one midfielder then yes that'd be my team too.

I'd like to see Baines given a go. His pace and quality on the ball would give us another dimension down the left hand side. Hopefully he can get himself fit.

Fernandes for Osman aswell for me if we sign him. I love Ossie, he's a great player to have in the squad but Fernandes is better. Fernandes with a full pre-season under his belt will be very interesting.

The defensive midfielder is a hard one at the moment. At the moment Engelaar seems the most likely. We'll have to see what happens.

Cahill and Yakubu will continue there excellent partnership.

I agree there also.

I love Baines, think he is a superb LB but i highly doubt Moyes will drop Jags, plus i think Jags and Lescott deserve to start, it's Yobo atm that i would be the most likely one to drop, but saying that, all of them are superb and Baines may have to wait for his chance.

I would also replace Osman for Fernandes but i doubt Moyes will. I'm a massive fan of Ossie, great touch, great footballer, someone with a footballing brain, but lacks strength and pace. Fernandes has got everything imo, them 2 would be a great partnership in the centre if Cahill isn't fit enough for start of season (assuming we get Manny).

Dno about DM, i personally think Moyes will go after Huddlestone, but fans will see what a big miss Carsley will be. I know he had a very limited ability on the ball and wasn't the best passer, but he didnt really lose the ball, just tended to pass backwards and sideways. But he used to get stuck in and protect the back 4 aswell as moping up. Will be a massive miss and whoever replaces him has a job on their hands to fill the role Cars did superbly.

I'm confident Moyes will bring in at LEAST 5, 3 quality players and 2 squad fillers but i'm pretty sure he'll bring in 6 or maybe 7. It should be a good summer if Moyes gets what he wants in terms of money.

I agree there also.

I love Baines, think he is a superb LB but i highly doubt Moyes will drop Jags, plus i think Jags and Lescott deserve to start, it's Yobo atm that i would be the most likely one to drop, but saying that, all of them are superb and Baines may have to wait for his chance.

I would also replace Osman for Fernandes but i doubt Moyes will. I'm a massive fan of Ossie, great touch, great footballer, someone with a footballing brain, but lacks strength and pace. Fernandes has got everything imo, them 2 would be a great partnership in the centre if Cahill isn't fit enough for start of season (assuming we get Manny).

Dno about DM, i personally think Moyes will go after Huddlestone, but fans will see what a big miss Carsley will be. I know he had a very limited ability on the ball and wasn't the best passer, but he didnt really lose the ball, just tended to pass backwards and sideways. But he used to get stuck in and protect the back 4 aswell as moping up. Will be a massive miss and whoever replaces him has a job on their hands to fill the role Cars did superbly.

I'm confident Moyes will bring in at LEAST 5, 3 quality players and 2 squad fillers but i'm pretty sure he'll bring in 6 or maybe 7. It should be a good summer if Moyes gets what he wants in terms of money.

I think everyone will get a fresh slate next season. Moyes will access everyone over pre-season, see who impressed and who doesn't and pick his first eleven. No body should be picked because he likes them or they where good last season. Everyone will hopefully be judged fairly.

I think Moyes will make the mistake of not buying a tall athletic right back. He’ll stick with Neville and Baines will sadly miss out. Moyes likes playing with three tall defenders as he’s proven in the past using combo’s such as Yobo, Stubbs and Lescott and Yobo, Jagielka and Lescott over the past two seasons. He feels secure with it and knows no ones going to get beaten at the back post. It keeps us physically strong at the back and where not vulnerable at set pieces.

I know you like Neville but I do feel his inclusion in the team will affect Baines chances. If Moyes buys a bigger right fullback Baines can slot in on the left and we’ll have no problems height wise. I think Moyes will have a go at playing Baines, find out we aren’t as solid and put Lescott at left back again. Lescott doesn’t like playing left back either and to be honest I’d like to see him given a run at centre back. I really want Baines to be in there because his distribution would take us up a level and we wouldn’t revert to the long ball.

If Moyes doesn’t replace Osman with Fernandes I’ll be disappointed. Fernandes is obviously the better player and has more to his game. I don’t agree with playing players just because you like them more and they’ve been here a few years. Obviously that depends on who’s on form though. If Fernandes isn’t on form then Osman should quite right be ahead of him.

If Moyes sees Huddlestone as the next Carsley he’ll be disappointed. We’ll certainly leak alot more goals with a combination of Osman-Huddlestone or Fernandes-Huddlestone. None of the players mentioned have good defensive qualities. All are better on the ball than off it. Carsley isn’t hard to be replaced but someone like Huddlestone wouldn’t do the job in my opinion. Someone like Cana, Engelaar or Alou Diarra maybe but Not Huddlestone. Huddlestone should be played alongside a ball winner.

I think everyone will get a fresh slate next season. Moyes will access everyone over pre-season, see who impressed and who doesn't and pick his first eleven. No body should be picked because he likes them or they where good last season. Everyone will hopefully be judged fairly.

I think Moyes will make the mistake of not buying a tall athletic right back. He’ll stick with Neville and Baines will sadly miss out. Moyes likes playing with three tall defenders as he’s proven in the past using combo’s such as Yobo, Stubbs and Lescott and Yobo, Jagielka and Lescott over the past two seasons. He feels secure with it and knows no ones going to get beaten at the back post. It keeps us physically strong at the back and where not vulnerable at set pieces.

I know you like Neville but I do feel his inclusion in the team will affect Baines chances. If Moyes buys a bigger right fullback Baines can slot in on the left and we’ll have no problems height wise. I think Moyes will have a go at playing Baines, find out we aren’t as solid and put Lescott at left back again. Lescott doesn’t like playing left back either and to be honest I’d like to see him given a run at centre back. I really want Baines to be in there because his distribution would take us up a level and we wouldn’t revert to the long ball.

If Moyes doesn’t replace Osman with Fernandes I’ll be disappointed. Fernandes is obviously the better player and has more to his game. I don’t agree with playing players just because you like them more and they’ve been here a few years. Obviously that depends on who’s on form though. If Fernandes isn’t on form then Osman should quite right be ahead of him.

If Moyes sees Huddlestone as the next Carsley he’ll be disappointed. We’ll certainly leak alot more goals with a combination of Osman-Huddlestone or Fernandes-Huddlestone. None of the players mentioned have good defensive qualities. All are better on the ball than off it. Carsley isn’t hard to be replaced but someone like Huddlestone wouldn’t do the job in my opinion. Someone like Cana, Engelaar or Alou Diarra maybe but Not Huddlestone. Huddlestone should be played alongside a ball winner.

Good post pal. I'd like to see Baines too, i agree, he'd give us much more width and pace down the left. Sometimes Lezzers is like a steaming elephant up the left and his touch and lack of ability to beat a man lets him down, but that's not his fault as he's a CB 100%. But he's done well this season but it should be Baines who should be first choice.

I agree on Huddlestone, maybe he will be brought purely for the CM but surely where will Manny or Ossie fit into this if he is brought for the CM position and we get a proper DM like Diarra, Cana etc. I'm guessing Manuel won't be brought.

If we don't bring in Manny this summer, and with im being available, Moyes will regret it. But i'm confident Moyes will bring him in or at least do all he can do bring him in. If Manny doesnt want to come back then fair enough but from his indications he will want to come back. A permanent deal though thinking about it a loan is not in his best interest. He's moved around more then Marcus Bent in the past 2 years.

My first priority would be bringing in Manny anyways.

On the DM front, i highly doubt we will get Cana, i hear Bayern i interested. Diarra would be good but i think Everton said they werent going to bid but they might be interested.

Moyes has kept his cards close to his chest this summer and let the Papers speculate.

Good post pal. I'd like to see Baines too, i agree, he'd give us much more width and pace down the left. Sometimes Lezzers is like a steaming elephant up the left and his touch and lack of ability to beat a man lets him down, but that's not his fault as he's a CB 100%. But he's done well this season but it should be Baines who should be first choice.

I agree on Huddlestone, maybe he will be brought purely for the CM but surely where will Manny or Ossie fit into this if he is brought for the CM position and we get a proper DM like Diarra, Cana etc. I'm guessing Manuel won't be brought.

If we don't bring in Manny this summer, and with im being available, Moyes will regret it. But i'm confident Moyes will bring him in or at least do all he can do bring him in. If Manny doesnt want to come back then fair enough but from his indications he will want to come back. A permanent deal though thinking about it a loan is not in his best interest. He's moved around more then Marcus Bent in the past 2 years.

My first priority would be bringing in Manny anyways.

On the DM front, i highly doubt we will get Cana, i hear Bayern i interested. Diarra would be good but i think Everton said they werent going to bid but they might be interested.

Moyes has kept his cards close to his chest this summer and let the Papers speculate.

Agreed I think its either Osman, Fernandes or Huddlestone who will take one centre midfield position with the other going to a more defensive minded midfielder. We'll have to wait and see.

Whilst I'd prefer Fernandes I wouldn't be dissapointed if we ended up with Huddlestone. Get Hudd in super condition and he'd be a quality player for us with his passing, intelligence and strength. He has the ability to run a game and I'd actually say his passing is better than Fernandes. All he has a problem with is his weight and defensive qualities. Moyes could fix both.

Agreed I think its either Osman, Fernandes or Huddlestone who will take one centre midfield position with the other going to a more defensive minded midfielder. We'll have to wait and see.

Whilst I'd prefer Fernandes I wouldn't be dissapointed if we ended up with Huddlestone. Get Hudd in super condition and he'd be a quality player for us with his passing, intelligence and strength. He has the ability to run a game and I'd actually say his passing is better than Fernandes. All he has a problem with is his weight and defensive qualities. Moyes could fix both.

If there is one manager who gets players in top condition then it's Moyesy.

Fernandes was looking proper fat at Valencia and looked his old self towards the end. That's another reason we need to bring him in with Pre season coming soon, so he doesnt end up like he was at Valencia.

He will be in tip top Moyesy shape like he was in his first loan spell.

Hopefully he will be back to his best and we can get a full season out of him, he controls the pace of our play, and his tenacity has been sorely missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.