Cahill and Hiddink

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffeestillidie

Player Valuation: £35m
Since hiddink worked closely with Cahill in preparation for the world cup, is anyone else worried that he'll figure out a good way to take him out of the game. we already know that hiddink is a very good manager, and since cahill has been so crucial to us in these cup games, if hiddink coaches his defense well to take cahill out of the game, we might be in trouble.

so this is just a guess, but i don't think cahill is going to make that immense of an impact in this cup final, which is a shame really because he deserves the glory of a goal at wembley. still, i think our other attacking options are going to need to really step up, as a game planned centered around cahill may not be very effective this time

Let them mark Timmy heavily, leaves the space free for someone else to smash one in, I love the lad but he's not the be all and end all of our success

Yeah, not too worried.
Cahill's dangerous cause he ghosts in late into the box and gets on the end of things. That is very hard to defend against- if it was easy, opposition managers would have nullified his threat years ago. And even if they try to muffle him out of it, it will leave space for Felli and Saha.

Still, I expect us to be under pressure for long spells in this game. Timmy and Felli are going to have their work cut out in handling Ballack, Lamps and co.

Posted via Mobile Device

I say let them focus on trying to take out Cahill. That'll leave Felli, Saha, and Peanut open to take over the game for us.

Hiddink is a tactical genius. If he finds a way to stop Cahill, it won't be by putting 5 men round him.

It's going to be an interesting contest, one which im sure Timmy will emerge on top of.

Hiddink is a tactical genius. If he finds a way to stop Cahill, it won't be by putting 5 men round him.

It's going to be an interesting contest, one which im sure Timmy will emerge on top of.

right that was my point, i wasn't saying timmy would get double or triple teamed, just that maybe he'd coordinate the defence in a way that would make things difficult for him, i don't know nearly as much about football as hiddink so i can't say what that would be

right that was my point, i wasn't saying timmy would get double or triple teamed, just that maybe he'd coordinate the defence in a way that would make things difficult for him, i don't know nearly as much about football as hiddink so i can't say what that would be

Me neither mate lol

Although im more informed on the Fellaini situation than Davie himself! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.