Cahill and Carsley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
This is somthing iv been thinking for a while, an thursday night just proved it for me. These lads can't play in a 4-4-2. Neither of them are quality CM players. But when we play 4-5-1 they are both great at what they do.

Carsley is a top defensive mid an cahill plays great just of the lone forward. I thought in the first half against brann we looked poor in the middle. The passing ability of both men is not that good. Both looked like they were lost at times out there.

Second half with neville an manny in the middle, we just looked more balanced.More shape to us as a team. I dont know what the answer is thou, because you want these two in the team. But how do you drop AJ or Yak after thurs.

Im sure the gaffer will do the right thing, Its what he does well.Personaly id got for the 4-5-1 formation with Yak up front.

What do you think????

Definitely Cahill.

Same could be said to Osman to a lesser extend. Cahill, Osman and Carsley all benefit from a 5 man midfield.

he may also be thinking of hibbert for monday's match, so neville would probably be the defensive midfielder instead of, or as well as, carsley.

Thats why I want either Fernandes or Osman in there. Cahill and Carsley give you good things like energy, aggression and they battle hard but what they will not do is open up a defense and especially one as tight as Man City's.

I'd play a 4-4-1-1 with Fernandes or Osman playing the creative role, Pienaar and Arteta on the flanks, Carsley as the holding midfielder and Cahill roaming behind the Yak. Johnson done well against Brann but we need to go with the tried and trusted against City or we will be beaten.

If Hibbert plays and Neville moves into midfield I'll be even more gutted. Showing a lack of ambition in my opinion. Neville will love a game against City anyway so I'd expect him to be up for this and put in a good shift. If he's struggling with Petrov then move Pienaar onto the right hand side and double up on his. We all know what Pienaar's energy and work rate are like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.