Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear that. We made that decision 3 weeks ago. It really is heartbreaking.
Take care mate.
My best wishes to you too. Gut wrenching but we all only do this to take our pals out of pain. I have a 14 year old mutt who has defied science and survived cancer surgery. I have also a lovely kind 8 year old GSD and a lunatic 7 month old GSD pup.

Our mutt seems happy and healthy but obviously time is against her.

My best wishes to you too. Gut wrenching but we all only do this to take our pals out of pain. I have a 14 year old mutt who has defied science and survived cancer surgery. I have also a lovely kind 8 year old GSD and a lunatic 7 month old GSD pup.

Our mutt seems happy and healthy but obviously time is against her.
Yes Blue , our rescue was 14 when he had kidney failure , wouldn't eat so we did the only thing.

We've got a 6 month old rescue pup , not as a replacement but a friend for our 4 year old. The pup is gorgeous but into everything.

Yes Blue , our rescue was 14 when he had kidney failure , wouldn't eat so we did the only thing.

We've got a 6 month old rescue pup , not as a replacement but a friend for our 4 year old. The pup is gorgeous but into everything.
Mate, I just love dogs. They can drive us mad when they chew every thing. My pup is so destructive but I love her to bits. My shoes, slippers, flip flops, even the flipping furniture are targets.

I have had dogs since 1973 - nearly as long as I have been a suffering Evertonian :cool:

Ridiculous stat that, would only be of significance if it were fowards and AMs and of course dismisses the others players involved.
Take Godfrey's. That type reaction and touch happens. But to fall to a player who easily buried it says more about the whole defence, especially Kenny leading up.
In fact if Kenny was able to put in a decent cross the play just before the goal, with a good chance of an assist (think it was 3v3 + gk with Kenny in plenty of time and space) its probably 3pts.

@Charles Hawtrey just catching up. So sorry mate. Over the years I have had to make the horrible trip to the vet many times.

All our pets are buried in our garden.

Best advice I ever got from a vet was if your dog struggles to get up and is not wagging its tail in the morning, it is kindness to let them go to sleep.

I have never had just one dog since 1990. When one passes at least we have others to soften the blow.

My best wishes to you.
Thanks all for their kind words. Our 15 year old Boston Terrier went easily. It was time. Had the vet come to the house which was much better for all concerned. Thanks again for your kind wishes

Thanks all for their kind words. Our 15 year old Boston Terrier went easily. It was time. Had the vet come to the house which was much better for all concerned. Thanks again for your kind wishes
It is losing a member of the family mate. No matter what the age.

My Mam passed last year aged almost 94 and after five years of vascular dementia. I am still hollow 14 months later. Dad passed in 2008. My best pal.

No matter how we try to rationalize losing a loved one, and try to make ourselves better with memories, we will each suffer in our own way.

My other dogs keep me going, but there is a void every time I have lost my parents or a pet. Yes they don't belong on equal platforms, but the unquestioning love of all my dogs over the years is so moving.

Take your time mate. A really difficult day I know.

Watched the highlights again to cheer myself up.... I can see why we bought defenders in January. How can Burnley put three goals past us in open play? Two of the Goals Mykolenko was ball watching. Holgate alone and unmarking in the 6 yard box. Kenny just got left for dead for the first, Godfreys miskick?? - We thought Keane had the monopoly on that sort of error but they all do it.
you cannot win games if you let the opposition score 3 times!

Apparently there was a lot of "finger pointing"going on in our dressing room after the game,jesus is this the best that spineless lot can muster?I'd have felt better if I'd known a couple of them had been sparked out coldlollollol

Yet we are still just out of the bottom 3 even with those statistics. Things surely must change. 2 massive home games coming up and I believe we can and will win 1 at least but hopefully at least 4 but 6 points will be lovely. ?
I respect you still trying to remain positive, however Everton has sucked that right out of me this season.....

Outside of the zone by 1 point and a worse GD than Burnley, we have Man Utd at home and Burnley have Norwich away, where do you think we will be come Saturday night?

Benitez - 20 games won 5 drawn 4 lost 11. Win Percentage 25%, Points per game 0.95
Lampard - 9 games won 2 drawn 0 lost 7. Win Percentage 22%, Points per game 0.67

But its sound because we are gonna get a win percentage of 33% and a points per game of 1.0 to stay up.....

Do you know how far fetched that sounds, even the likes of Brentford and Palace who are on paper our easiest games have been tipping up against bigger teams and winning comfortably.

Still need 3 maybe 4 wins, where are they coming from? Straight away you can discount the away games.......

Man Utd (H)
Leicester (H)
Liverpool (A) dreading that game!
Chelsea (H)
Leicester City (A)
Watford (A)
Brentford (H)
Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)

Just face facts, this club is rotten to the absolute core, players are incapable of playing 90 mins of football without conceding, I`ve no idea when the last time we scored from open play..... Burnley are the worst attack in the Premier League yet we tip up and they smack 3.....

The sooner everyone faces the facts the better, of course I don`t expect the players to give up but TBH it feels like they did that months ago.

This club has disappointed me for more than 30 years, Moshiri is right up there with the Venkys, we need the force the absolute Kopite out.

The most obvious clue to this is Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison! You never seem them talking to each other, they barely even acknowledge each other on the pitch - they give the impression they don’t get on!
To me they certainly don’t work together as a two up front!
True.
And only one of the pair actually works hard, puts himself about and busts a gut for the team.
And it ain’t the clothes horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.