Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much in midfield tonight. Suppose that Holgate will venture into a defensive midfield role....maybe. Iwobi and Doucoure need to step up and be counted tonight. And just take our chances when they come. Getting fed up now with hearing that DCL missed a sitter. Gordon shoots wide. Iwobi hits the corner flag....
And Richarlson scores for fun for Brazil. But can't hit the proverbial barn door for us.
Just score a few goals tonight. barn

Last comment........please no lethargic start tonight. The game starts from the kick off. Not the 70th minute , when we are a goal down. Get into them from the off. Hit them with a few goals. Then play them off the pitch. Come on Everton. We can win this. Just don't concede first to this neatheranderal outfit masquandering as a football team.
We can win this. Up The Toffees.

How long is frank going to keep saying there are X amount of games to go after we lose every game, i remember when he was saying that like at 14 games, we are now 9

In fairness, Gordon Lee's teams in 77 to 78 were within a whisker of winning the FACup, League Cup and the League. 22 matches in a row unbeaten.

RIP Gordon - understated but one of my favourite managers.
That team of Lee's was very good and could have won the league, the Catt's 68/69 team really should have won the league and oh the quality of the football. It was magic, I'm an old fella now, but, it feels like yesterday.

On paper, Burnley's players aren't as good as ours. The problem is, the Burnley players, without exception, will give everything for 90 minutes, while the usual suspects in our side will not break into a sweat.

COYB!! That is all there is to say, really. I feel like throwing up but come on lads! Let’s fight, fight, fight with all our might for the boys in the royal blue jerseys!!!

e4d418fa-3a47-46b9-8f04-ba6b99cb8a72_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.