Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think people are missing a major part here. Either we get our points back (and we’re out of it) or Forest get a deduction and are pulled behind us.

Burnley and Sheffield are gone but we’re not gonna be in there regardless, it’ll be Luton and Forest.
We ain`t getting points back and we will get more, only us fans have made up we are getting points back as a comfort blanket.

Forest are 3 ahead and will remain above us, a second charge puts us below Luton by some way.

We ain`t getting points back and we will get more, only us fans have made up we are getting points back as a comfort blanket.

Forest are 3 ahead and will remain above us, a second charge puts us below Luton by some way.

Well you’ve just completely made that up actually mate so I’m not sure what you’re waffling about there.

Fair result. All around.
Crap football again but I would have took a piont.
That marking of dunk was amateur.
They had won a good few rimes from corners.
Should have marked him.
But some of the moaning fon here is getting behond it.
We were winning against 10 men until the 96th minute. I think the moaning is justified. Especially since it would have been our first win in 9 matches and were barely above the relegation zone.

We have the 4th best defensive record in the league despite being 17th. How exactly is Dyche not doing well defensively based off that?

I swear people take aim and criticise the manager as if he should be on the pitch heading balls away.
It is easier to make a defence better if you sacrifice all attacking impetus and guile to keep men behind the ball and smash it away. It's not like our attacking play has reduced a little to work on the defence - it is non-existent.

It is simply not good enough for a professional side, never mind a Premier League one. It is beyond appalling and people need to wake up to it and stop making excuses for Dyche.

The euphoria on here from some over that 95th minute equaliser. Golden Toffee, Forever Everton, Duality NSNO etc. People who wouldn't have posted a single thing if we'd held on and won.

A tough end to a good performance, and a 1-1 draw that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US would have taken at 3pm. Onwards and upwards!
Not necessarily, because you need to get three points to stay up. A draw is no good mate, especially when home form is so bad, you need to be brave and go for it, especially when playing against 10 men. Disgraceful and negative performance.

My issue is that people have used us staying up last season as some evidence of Dyche being a great manager. Like Moyes, Pulis and Allardyce his tactics are outdated. He's instilled a small club mentality just like others before, where players are quite happy messing about, they know they'll be starting next week. We could get away with defensive tactics under Moyes, because we had Pienaar, Arteta, AJ, Anichebe even Straq to hold play up. Plus we had Carsley, Roswell, Felaini and Heitenga and defensive midfielders. Our problem is we don't manage games, Harrison and McNeil lose ball, we don't win 2nd balls. Look at when we when to City under Koemann, we had once chance 1 goal from Lukaku on break. You can't go away looking for draws, when you players who constantly make mistakes and we only have 3 points from losing positions. Give Chermiti a start as well, he can't be any worse than DCL or Beto. Anyway our away support fantastic as usual, our players don't deserve such a loyal a great group of supporters.

Said it the other week. Full backs overlap, get players closer to the CF. Make the players keep the ball just a little bit more (doesn't have to be much) instead of launching it. If we play Beto play the ball in behind more instead of lashing it 50 yards up to the head of the CF.

We have never been so bad at attacking in all my years of watching Everton. It's embarrassing that a professional manager can send teams out to play that way.

If we were any other club in the Prem he would be sacked for this level of incompetence.

but we’re not?

it’s sickening tho mate you think 5 to go against ten you hold on that i do agree with