Branislav Ivanovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti spoke so many times about how the mentality of the squad needs to improve, if he thinks Ivanovic on a one year contract can help that then I don't see the harm in it.

If it's any longer than one year then I think it would be a cause for concern. But the idea of selling Keane, signing Gabriel and Ivanovic, then loaning out Gibson and Braithwaite does appeal to me a bit. That would give us 4 CBs and when the 2 youngsters come back they can compete for Ivanovic's place in the squad.

I'm not sure it's going to happen anyway, but signing him wouldn't be some unforgivable act like some are making out in my opinion. It all depends on the context obviously but why is everyone so keen to slate the club before we know what's actually happening?

The crazy amount of disrespect to Ivanovic here is insane considering the man has won more trophies than everyone in the squad put together.

He's be our best defender.
Our best goal keeper.

And our biggest goal threat at set pieces in the last few minutes if we needed a goal.

Just because a player is old doesn't mean he doesn't have a lot to offer. Ivanovic could be our Ronaldo.

The crazy amount of disrespect to Ivanovic here is insane considering the man has won more trophies than everyone in the squad put together.

Our best goal keeper.

And our biggest goal threat at set pieces in the last few minutes if we needed a goal.

Just because a player is old doesn't mean he doesn't have a lot to offer. Ivanovic could be our Ronaldo.

Our best goal keeper.

Leave the forum Ricky.

Our best goal keeper.

I have helpfully highlighted the only thing in this post that is correct

Did Ivanovic get tired of Russia? If Everton wanted to keep a grizzled veteran to help with the youngsters, why let Jags walk? I'd rather have Hibbo back than Ivanovic.

Well the difference is that Ivanovic has won things. With Carlo.

I have no issue bringing him for a year for depth and leadership. Maybe he can transition to the coaching staff next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.