Boys to men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamo Martinez

Player Valuation: £70m
No I haven't posted a thread about some cringe producing pop group in the wrong forum.

I am of course talking about our much lauded group of exciting young togger players.
In the midst of a largely frustrating time for Everton and its fans, the youth and inexperience of some of our heroes seems to be a mitigating factor which has, to a large extent, prevented a full scale fume.
Paradoxically, Our younger players have actually provided us with most of our brightest moments this season, While Players we've depended on, to greater or lesser degree, for years like Baines, Pienaar, Jagielka and Osman (I won't mention Howard. Oh I just did) have been injured and/or less effective.

Stones, Barkley, Deulofeu and Lukaku all seem to have the world at their feet. and a large proportion of our hopes and dreams in their hands.
Much has been said about Lukaku's improved first touch and distribution, not to mention continued boss slotting. Barkley's got more goals and assists than usual, Gerrard is one of the most exciting players seen at Goodison for years and John Stones is well, John Stones.

Writing on the eve of a cup semi-final, I see our chances of progressing to Wembley resting, to a large degree, on these youngsters shoulders. Experienced heads will be needed too obviously. The likes of Baines, Barry and Cleverley have a vital role to play along with the 'inbetweeners' such as Coleman, Besic and Funes Mori. However, Stones has it in him to marshall the defence and start our attacks. Barkley has it in him to control the midfield and create chances. Deulofeu has it in him to create panic against any defence. And Lukaku has prooved he has it in him to score the goals that can carry us to Wembley.

We need that from them to see off a very good City team.

We need these boys to step up and be men.

COYB!!

No I haven't posted a thread about some cringe producing pop group in the wrong forum.

I am of course talking about our much lauded group of exciting young togger players.
In the midst of a largely frustrating time for Everton and its fans, the youth and inexperience of some of our heroes seems to be a mitigating factor which has, to a large extent, prevented a full scale fume.
Paradoxically, Our younger players have actually provided us with most of our brightest moments this season, While Players we've depended on, to greater or lesser degree, for years like Baines, Pienaar, Jagielka and Osman (I won't mention Howard. Oh I just did) have been injured and/or less effective.

Stones, Barkley, Deulofeu and Lukaku all seem to have the world at their feet. and a large proportion of our hopes and dreams in their hands.
Much has been said about Lukaku's improved first touch and distribution, not to mention continued boss slotting. Barkley's got more goals and assists than usual, Gerrard is one of the most exciting players seen at Goodison for years and John Stones is well, John Stones.

Writing on the eve of a cup semi-final, I see our chances of progressing to Wembley resting, to a large degree, on these youngsters shoulders. Experienced heads will be needed too obviously. The likes of Baines, Barry and Cleverley have a vital role to play along with the 'inbetweeners' such as Coleman, Besic and Funes Mori. However, Stones has it in him to marshall the defence and start our attacks. Barkley has it in him to control the midfield and create chances. Deulofeu has it in him to create panic against any defence. And Lukaku has prooved he has it in him to score the goals that can carry us to Wembley.

We need that from them to see off a very good City team.

We need these boys to step up and be men.

COYB!!

Probably the most misguided thing I've seen on here since @hullefc trumpeting us only conceding 9 away goals as proof of our defensive prowess

Also, according to

if they stepped up and became men like the older lads, wouldn't they become less effective?

I think they are growing in stature all the time. I hope the recent run of draws and defeats doesn't dampen their enthusiasm.

Best group of youngsters I've had the pleasure to watch play for us all at the same time.

They can do it I'm sure.

Not sure which of these is funnier... it's probably a Thai
BbgL7x3.gif

Probably the most misguided thing I've seen on here since @hullefc trumpeting us only conceding 9 away goals as proof of our defensive prowess

Also, according to

if they stepped up and became men like the older lads, wouldn't they become less effective?
Christ you're right. I haven't thought this one through, have I?

Please stay on topic.

This is an inexperienced side, but we do have Baines, Barry, Jagielka, and Howard.

Other hand that it's quite a young side which is relatively inexperienced. It's hard not to state the obvious here.

Status
Not open for further replies.