Bottle throwers name & shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbo1957

Player Valuation: £950k
For me a great day was nearly spoiled yesterday by 2 mindless morons who threw bottles onto the pitch from the lower Gwladys street end section GT3/4. If I'd have been closer and seen who did it I would have told either the police or stewards. We just don't need these moronic idiots supporting our great club so let's name and shame them. I'm sure if you contact the club giving seat numbers the'll hopefully sort it.

Apart from that great day, great game & great result.

I know in recent weeks we've been asked to show 'more bottle' on the pitch, sadly some of fans have taken this request quite literally and through it we may suffer by the hands of an F.A who just love to kicks teams like us when we are down financially.

By all means throw abuse, cold hard stares and even some shapes during the half time tunes..but leave out the bottle chucking..leave that to other teams :(

It happens at all clubs whether it be us or Barcelona. You will always get it, no matter who gets punished for it.

I can always remember when we played united at home a good 4-5 years ago now and Roy carroll got absolutely showered with bottles and coins from the lower gwladys. I witnessed it myself....did the club do anything I'm not sure...

In the words of arsene wenger..."I didn't see it...".

It's a shame though, makes us as a club look bad.

Happened at the Spurs game too, from both the Lower Gwladys and Lower Bullens (Gwladys end) when VDV scored in the first half. You can understand some anger/frustration but bottle throwing is completely OTT..

They were talking on Talksport yesterday about people chucking stuff on pitch, some of it legendary, the scooter at the Milan derby, the pigs head at Figo when he switched to Madrid from Barca. ( or vica versa ?) I also remember a Madrid / Barca game, when Figo was trying to take a corner and right next to the corner flag was an empty 1 litre of whiskey ( or Vodka).. oh and of course the day the R.S flew into town from Oslo and decided to pelt our players with rolled up balls of socks after we'd announced we 'might' be moving to Kirkby ..swines!!

So a couple of Lucozade bottles in hindsight, isn't that bad - but it needs to stop before some one throws on something offensive that may hurt. Mind you..a silver briefcase of newly minted £50's would be a nice start!

Happened at the Spurs game too, from both the Lower Gwladys and Lower Bullens (Gwladys end) when VDV scored in the first half. You can understand some anger/frustration but bottle throwing is completely OTT..

I sit in the lower Gwladys and I can tell you it was the Upper Gwladys and Upper Bullens the stuff came from at the spurs game, the trajectory was all wrong for it to be from the Lower halves, plus I could see them coming down from above.

Didn't see where the Lucozade bottle that hit the bar came from yesterday though. Or any of the other stuff.

Excuse me Nicholas, but who threw MY bottle of water when we were watching the game online yesterday, hey?

Oh yeah, YOU, and a chair.....silly boy :p

But in all seriousness, it shouldn't be done, people like that just ruin things.

Every club unfortunatley has it's share of morons and we are no different. Whoever these yobs were some one must know who they are and should shop them.

Can't legislate for whatever you want to call them, for example here in Burnley a blind 65yr old man was assaulted by two young men and robbed of a few quid. Similar mentality.

They were talking on Talksport yesterday about people chucking stuff on pitch, some of it legendary, the scooter at the Milan derby, the pigs head at Figo when he switched to Madrid from Barca. ( or vica versa ?) I also remember a Madrid / Barca game, when Figo was trying to take a corner and right next to the corner flag was an empty 1 litre of whiskey ( or Vodka).. oh and of course the day the R.S flew into town from Oslo and decided to pelt our players with rolled up balls of socks after we'd announced we 'might' be moving to Kirkby ..swines!!

So a couple of Lucozade bottles in hindsight, isn't that bad - but it needs to stop before some one throws on something offensive that may hurt. Mind you..a silver briefcase of newly minted £50's would be a nice start!

Back in the 80s in NZ vs Aussie in a 1 dayer, a toilet seat was thrown at one of the Aussie fielders, and a Trout. Very, very random.

I sit in the lower Gwladys and I can tell you it was the Upper Gwladys and Upper Bullens the stuff came from at the spurs game, the trajectory was all wrong for it to be from the Lower halves, plus I could see them coming down from above.

Ah, you're probably right then. I was in the Upper Bullens at the time myself, so from where I was sitting the trajectory looked different. My eyes playing tricks!

Excuse me Nicholas, but who threw MY bottle of water when we were watching the game online yesterday, hey?

Oh yeah, YOU, and a chair.....silly boy :p

But, but... CHARLIE F*KIN ADAM!! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.