Match Thread Blackpool Vs Everton Sunday 24th July 3pm kick off

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just need better quality midfielders and wingers.

Doesn't matter if it's 4 or 5 at the back the midfielders in front of them don't help enough when we have the ball or without it.

Wingers are badly needed to give us an outlet, Gordon looks lost currently, Alli isn't a winger as he doesn't have the legs for it and Gray hasn't looked good since Benitez left.

Couple of midfielders
Couple of wingers

That will give us a better fighting chance this season but we ain't going to be much better than 15th regardless.

What we have seen in pre season and it is absolutely clear is that we will be going with 5 at the back and a 2 man Central Midfield, used it in all friendlies so far...

No Everton manager should be allowed to introduce such defensive formations, that formation started with Rafael 3 or 4 games before he got the bullet and continued by Frank in his majority of games last season, that system only got us 4 PL points, the other 16 came from 4-3-3/4-2-3-1/4-4-2....

Even Sam Allardyce never even went to a back 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to be one long season, I think we are for the drop this season, AS IT STANDS, the 3 promoted teams will have their honeymoon period so from that end tell me which 3 teams we finish above next season?

Mina and Tarkowski at the back I think is actually pretty solid. The problem is Mina has never been able to remain healthy so we need a good 3rd option even if we dont play 3 at the back. So far this preseason, of the 8 goals allowed, 5 were absolute gifts, from Pickford weird attempts at corners, to own goals, and weak penalties. At this point we dont even need players who do great things, just ones who dont do horrific mistakes when not under any pressure.

Good win today, hopefully Pickford working all the mistakes out early, and getting a CM and a winger will be a huge help and are the most immediate needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.