Bizarre, I'm Optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallamblue

Player Valuation: £35m
As a typical Evertonian of forty years I always hope we avoid relegation for the first two thirds of the season. However, I honestly believed we would be bottom of the league after ten games this season, given the start we had.
Then this morning I found myself saying to my son, "I wouldn't be surprised if we make the top 4 this season." With Chelsea playing badly and in-fighting, Man Utd and Man City both sporadic, Liverpool a "work in progress" (and that's being kind), and all of the above teams in Europe I really believe we can get in the top 4.

I even found myself saying I thought if we had more self-belief we could win the league!!

Have I lost the plot or is this a possibility? We do seem to be one of very few teams who can defend.

The lack of a number 10 and the lack of a top keeper will ultimately cost us.

Still can't believe we didn't bring in a number 10 in the summer.

I think Barkley can be the No 10, but when I see Begovic playing for Chelsea I can't believe we didn't try and get him.

As a typical Evertonian of forty years I always hope we avoid relegation for the first two thirds of the season. However, I honestly believed we would be bottom of the league after ten games this season, given the start we had.
Then this morning I found myself saying to my son, "I wouldn't be surprised if we make the top 4 this season." With Chelsea playing badly and in-fighting, Man Utd and Man City both sporadic, Liverpool a "work in progress" (and that's being kind), and all of the above teams in Europe I really believe we can get in the top 4.

I even found myself saying I thought if we had more self-belief we could win the league!!

Have I lost the plot or is this a possibility? We do seem to be one of very few teams who can defend.

From a fellow arl arse It's 9.00 Sunday evening mate. I hope you've taken your medication and are sitting with your cocoa and slippers on.

Instruct your family not to allow you out alone and certainly don't sign any contracts or cheques.

that said I hope you are right !!!

Our defence has been the biggest plus this season. Considering only jags and Howard ever present the players to come in have been brilliant. With no Europe and no so called "top teams" to play in November and December it will be interesting to see where we are come near year. Be good to get 2 new players in Jan also

Reactions: rbm

You should be optimistic. We have the most talented young team we have had in 30 years.

It will probably end up breaking apart by being poached before we achieve anything sustainable but we should enjoy it while we can. We will absolutely tonk some teams this season.

...And just think, after this international break we'll get Baines, Cleverly, Coleman, and Mirallas back...

Which is a really good thing as we need to be at full strength for the games after that.

I am enjoying what is happening at the moment, bit hope he freshens the side up a little for the United game. Coleman if fit will have to come back in as will Stones. As well as Mori has done, Stones was outstanding prior to his injury.

Got a feeling it will be Del boy other than Naismith who will make way for Cleverley.

We are 4/5 points off the top of the league.
Disappointed with 1 point in a derby
3 of our 4 best defenders to come back
lost 1 game all season...............things could be worse.

We look in very good shape.

Depends which way you look at it.

right now yes its possible if we cut the likes of derby/spurs/watford performances out of it all. Arguments sake we win those three, still obviosuly lose the city game, we'd be 6 m points better off and who knows where. In beating chelsea and west brom we have shown capability to win in varying circumstances so if we could go out most weeks and do that, more games than most would turn up with 3 points. We are good enough and we just need consistency to put it all together into one season.

the flip of the coin however is lukaku yesterday. Bizarrley we played him as the target man and he worked wonders, but the midfield behind him didnt play that game. Whereas other games the midsfield play off him but dont put the ball to him to keep hold of. Its a bit wierd, tactically we need to improve in that sense, yesterday for example we should have slaughtered them in the second half, Martinez seemed to make the same subs though and hoped for the same result which let us down.

It's crazy (It's not really crazy I just couldn't think of any other word to express how whacky this really is) to think we've got 3 of our 1st choice defenders out, along with Mirallas and T-Clevz. Plus Kone is really like a new signing this year in that we all actually want him to play for us now.

Our squad is as strong as anyones around us when everyone is fit. The young lads coming in have done brilliantly, Galloway looks as though he could be up there in the same ilk as Stones.

Depends which way you look at it.

right now yes its possible if we cut the likes of derby/spurs/watford performances out of it all. Arguments sake we win those three, still obviosuly lose the city game, we'd be 6 m points better off and who knows where. In beating chelsea and west brom we have shown capability to win in varying circumstances so if we could go out most weeks and do that, more games than most would turn up with 3 points. We are good enough and we just need consistency to put it all together into one season.

the flip of the coin however is lukaku yesterday. Bizarrley we played him as the target man and he worked wonders, but the midfield behind him didnt play that game. Whereas other games the midsfield play off him but dont put the ball to him to keep hold of. Its a bit wierd, tactically we need to improve in that sense, yesterday for example we should have slaughtered them in the second half, Martinez seemed to make the same subs though and hoped for the same result which let us down.

What does this even mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.