Bill Kenwright

Gregg said that he was friends with Bill due to both of them being independent theatre/entertainment business men. Bill had just bought Everton at this point.

Gregg then sold his entertainment business for millions and was looking for a new project to invest it. At the same time the EU had give Liverpool City council just under a billion quid for redevelopment projects in Liverpool.

Everton had been looking at a new stadium for some time. Gregg and LCC approached Bill with a view of building a new stadium. Gregg wanted to invest in this and was pushing for a 365 day stadium with concerts etc. LCC also wanted this.

The site (Kings Dock) was identified and all parties started putting the plans together. Gregg even said him and Bill visited a team in Germany to see a newly built stadium with a retractable pitch that was being used all year round.

The plans were made with the council funding some, along with Gregg and Bill. Gregg wanted a shareholding in the club for his investment going in…

Bill refused as he wanted full ownership. Gregg then spoke with the CEO of the City council who was waiting for the go ahead of the project. Gregg told him Bill had said no.

The City Council then told Bill that they will fund the WHOLE project for an equity share. Bill again refused this as he wanted full ownership.

The echo arena and other developments where then built instead. Gregg and the top executive at the council couldn’t believe Bill said no.

And the rest is history.
All because he wouldn’t let go of his train set. The club had better not be considering naming anything after him at the new ground.

It was pretty well known what happened with the kings dock and he still gathered support and then the Kirby debacle, still got supported.

If anyone behind the scenes did a full on honest review of what transpired here I don’t think it would be just the late chairman not shown in a good light. You don’t stay in a position like that for years without success if you are not placated.

I remember going to see the plans for it, a decent design for it’s time.

We're any renders ever released of the inside if the stadium and what it would look like?

I've only ever seen a couple of the external pics but never what the internal design was like

Gregg said that he was friends with Bill due to both of them being independent theatre/entertainment business men. Bill had just bought Everton at this point.

Gregg then sold his entertainment business for millions and was looking for a new project to invest it. At the same time the EU had give Liverpool City council just under a billion quid for redevelopment projects in Liverpool.

Everton had been looking at a new stadium for some time. Gregg and LCC approached Bill with a view of building a new stadium. Gregg wanted to invest in this and was pushing for a 365 day stadium with concerts etc. LCC also wanted this.

The site (Kings Dock) was identified and all parties started putting the plans together. Gregg even said him and Bill visited a team in Germany to see a newly built stadium with a retractable pitch that was being used all year round.

The plans were made with the council funding some, along with Gregg and Bill. Gregg wanted a shareholding in the club for his investment going in…

Bill refused as he wanted full ownership. Gregg then spoke with the CEO of the City council who was waiting for the go ahead of the project. Gregg told him Bill had said no.

The City Council then told Bill that they will fund the WHOLE project for an equity share. Bill again refused this as he wanted full ownership.

The echo arena and other developments where then built instead. Gregg and the top executive at the council couldn’t believe Bill said no.

And the rest is history.
This is how I understand it....

Unfortunately for every Evertonian and at the detriment of the club Bill wanted to keep the control, he never wanted to let go of the train set. The club would be nowhere near where we are now had KD happened or if he had stepped aside for the Abu Dhabi group.

BK always held us back, quite a lot were blind to it but he should have been chased after KD fell through.

Those 2 things above, KD and ABU Dhabi group, plus bringing Moshiri to the club and assisting in it`s demise is why BK will never get any form of forgiveness from me, he knew what he was doing!

Yes, if I remember rightly, it was 2 tier all the way around and not too dissimilar to the Amsterdam arena, but slightly tighter to the pitch.

That’s right mate. It was at a place at the Albert Dock that I saw the model up close. It was impressive for its time.

For years when I saw the Echo Arena it used to annoy me to think what could have been.

Still, at least we have BMD now

Yes, if I remember rightly, it was 2 tier all the way around and not too dissimilar to the Amsterdam arena, but slightly tighter to the pitch.
Yep, Gregg misremembered in his Talksport interview, it wasn't 'a stadium in Germany' the Echo reported a delegation from club visiting the (fairly new) Amsterdam Arena.

Retractable Roof, moveable pitch (coming out under the south stand) and a wow location all for 30 million quid that the Greggs offered to front the club.

Bill says no and then starts a smear campaign against the Greggs until he got that Planet Hollywood baboon to buy them out.

Kenwright had some brass neck on him, considering it was the Greggs who lent him the money to buy the club in the first place.

I couldn't care less about his charitable acts, he was a callous prick whose only concern was Bill Kenwright.

I'm relieved he's dead and buried, it was the only way we were gonna get rid of him. (Though I'm a little sorry he didn't stick around to feel a furious backlash now more and more are waking up to his BS)