Bill Kenwright

It probably will be years and years before we're finally rid of the stench and mess left behind by Kenwright and his cronies.

I don't buy into he's suddenly a saint and can't be criticized just because he's passed away when we're going to have to live with the consequences of 24 years of his selfish, self-serving, self-centred and egotistical actions for a long time to come.

Yes, we should blame our current position on the one consistent thing we've had during the last 30 plus years that he's been around and overseen nothing but failure. Moshiri wasn't here, when the proposed move to the hideous, lit-up batcave in Kirkby was happening, nor where any of the current team of crap players. He wasn't wasn't here during the whole of the 2000's were we won nowt and got told to be greatful for it and celebrate it with dvd classics like "the magnificent 7th!" (an action which destoryed the clubs morale, sense of self-belief and overall standing in the game) nor was our current crap team funnily enough. He wasn't here when we turned down endless potential investment opportunities under the pretext of due diligence only to sell us on to the first a gibbering idiot who couldn't organise a prayer in a mosque just because he was prepared to keep mr chairman around and in power. Nor was our current crap team oddly enough. I mean, I could go on but gee, I'm starting to notice a bit of a pattern here. Aren't you........

Closing this thread will achieve nothing. As long as this club continues to remain in the mire, then people will be talking about the root causes that led to this sad and sorry situation.

In terms of discussing why we are where we are then Kenwrights name will be at the top of that list.

Closing the thread is a pointless exercise. Kenwright and his legacy will be a topic of discussion amongst the fanbase, for at least another decade and beyond imo

It’s fitting that in the Kenwright thread there's a single bellend poster who's blatantly a closet kopite and who contributes nothing while dragging the whole thing down with his continued presence. It’s really quite a fitting tribute to Bill and his time at the club.

…..not forgetting Bill Shankly found friendship and respect at Everton when he was banned from them.

You only have to read @alan ball ‘Goodison Memories’ book to find the number of opposition players who said Shankly came into their dressing room after playing at Goodison.

Last edited:

Does anyone remember Billy Liar mentioning Everton in the seventies or early eighties. Honestly I don't. Wembley 71 with Cilla I remember that. I think he was just an acquaintance of Carter who got lucky. Sadly for us, we became unlucky. Still the musty smell will die with Goodison. What our future holds, none of us know. I know this the rot started with a man with no real money, making a pile of it. Not one penny invested for the fans in Goodison. Just a good time for Bellow and Co, in the bowels of Goodison. Goodison. Once the Liverpool Philamonic and ending up The Floral Pavillion. Thanks Toad Face.