Bill Kenwright

Unfortunately, he was not a supporter he was a Chairman, a director and at one stage owner. He failed in all three. He was incredibly sentimental and supportive of all employees but not ruthless enough to drive the business forward in a manner which lead to sustained success.

He felt he was in a position to advise Carlo Ancellotti!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still feels surreal how delusional he is.

"Yes Carlo, I know you've won literally everything and you clearly think you know how a good football club should be ran and how we should deal with transfers, but I don't think you have my experience in it."

"Yes Carlo, I know you've won literally everything and you clearly think you know how a good football club should be ran and how we should deal with transfers, but I don't think you have my experience in it."

Carlo must not have realised how World class Bill and our revered board of directors truly were...

They're partially responsible.

People have been warning fellow Evertonians about 'Chairman Bill' for years, only to get varying degrees of pushback from the majority until relatively recently.

The fact that we had a split in the fanbase made any successful protest against the board and running of the club a near impossibe task.

Some of us have been calling out his bollocks and lies for years and years. We don't feel vindicated today, we're just sad the majority ignored the warnings that were there in plain sight.

This refusal by many to accept facts about 'Blue Bill' gave journalists an easy cop out to ignore what was going on at Everton. I mean, Kenwright only has the club's best interests at heart, right? RIGHT?

People name called him when he was alive too. I don't really see it makes a blind bit of difference. It's not as if he's going to log in, read it and feel all offended.

Same goes for the lovely Jenny. She's not browsing GOT hoping for some nice anecdotes about her beloved Bill.

I generally try to keep things respectful but it's a genuine challenge at times. The fact he's gone and won't ever have to answer for the shitshow he presided over is classic Kenwright. That really annoys me. As does people still giving him credit for things he had very little input on.

"Bramley Moore! What a legacy of Kenwrights reign!!!"

We'd have potentially been on the Waterfront in the city centre for the past 15 years had he not been so selfish. We were also a government planning review away from being relocated to a retail park outside of the city because he was in hock to 'great friends of Everton.'

He got through his entire tenure as chairman without any serious scrutiny from the media.

His epitaph if I'd written it would read:

As slippery in death as he was in life. Perfect timing.
👏

Totally get the venting, for me, the whole debacle, added with VAR nonsense has genuinely turned me off the game to an extent. I'm not sure how I feel about Bill tbh, I just can't agree with name calling him when he's gone.
Kenwright had no trouble blaming the fans for his absence from watching the team at home the last twelve months when it was a load of lies, he reaps what he sowed and still came out of it financially very well while the club and us fans are facing what he helped to cause.

It's a bit like calling a plumber around to your house to fix a leak, only to then go on and tell the plumber what he has to do.lol

No wonder Ancelotti did a runner from Blue Bills madhouse when Real Madrid came calling.

As slippery in death as he was in life. Perfect timing.
I mean, I've heard of bodies being kept on ice, but...

(Is it not time to retire this thread and let it stand as tribute to the mostly respect for a fallen comrade and let the gusto* build up in the Moshiri/board threads?)

I mean, I've heard of bodies being kept on ice, but...

(Is it not time to retire this thread and let it stand as tribute to the mostly respect for a fallen comrade and let the gusto* build up in the Moshiri/board threads?)
It should never be forgotten what he, his stooges and his supporters have done to this club.

I’d keep the thread going as long as people want to post in it.

It's very much a case of he wanted to be the star of his own show. He lived in his own little fantasy land and believed in fairy tales. He was utterly spoiled by Moyes and his ability to extract the maximum out of limited players for small fees. The perfect rags to riches story, the underdog slugging it out with the old top 4 despite a fraction of the resources.

His incompetence and failure to progress the club was greatly exposed after Martinez's first season, again, something he personally rode the wave of positivity when presented with the opportunity; "What a manager" etc. He never missed an opportunity to shove his grid in front of the cameras, making it all about him and the decisions he made for his absolute adoration of the club. 'His' club. He was similar with the whole Moshiri saga before the wheels swirled off in to the distance.

I'll always remember a conversation I had about him once. I was living in London and one of my housemates was involved in theatre and had a friend who had worked with him. She said that he was absolutely ruthless and a really unpleasant man when angry. From that point on it was easier to see through the disguise. He was a theatre man, after all.

I would never say that I was glad, or even remotely pleased at the recent news of his passing, but I was slightly surprised by how apathetic and almost relieved I felt.