Bill Kenwright

I mean clearly I’m not using any of that as a way of defending Kenwright or absolving him of blame. You should know my feelings towards him by now. I’ve also never claimed Kenwright did spend his own money on the club, he clearly didn’t. I’m simply here to provide balance to the debate.
And you do a good job of it. Now get back in the Moshiri thread where you belong lol ;)

Unfortunately, BK's tenure is in part why Everton is in trouble. Very few can see into the future with real success, he tried and it could have gone better. Right now it's hard to say it could not have gone much worse, albeit that first season after Moyes with Martinez so nearly ended in CL! But then we lost the values (that Dyche is re-building) that led to our decline. But COVID, Stadium costs and the related loans were difficult to foresee, as were managerial failures (e.g. Koeman).

He has died, probably quite heart broken at what he was unable to resolve successfully. Possibly aspects of his own character contributed to that. He has died, out of respect the club should move on.

I hope that perhaps in a coupla seasons when we're in a) the Prem AND b) BMD, something in Everton's excellent community work can be done in his name. It's an aspect of the club that endured during his time, successfully.

Let's not forget (as your so keen to hiligbt your doubts about Moshiri spending his own money) that Kenwright didn't spend a penny of his own money to take control of Everton. He borrowed off friends, friends he later shafted over King's Dock. He maintained his grip over the years by taking out loans, selling off assets and getting into bed with unsavoury types whilst Moyes worked miracles. (unspectacular ones, but miracles all the same) Zero pounds in, 10s of millions of pounds out as reward for taking over a club with NO Debt until eventually selling it for a huge profit saddled with debt. A true Evertonian hero.

Anyway, ones gone. The other will probably be gone soon enough. Maybe both threads will finally disappear as well have new stuff to moan about.
This will go on far, far, longer than Pickford's tackle on Van dead.

I am the only one who finds it really distasteful slagging off a recently deceased old bloke who supported the club his whole life? Maybe I'm old fashioned but it doesn't sit comfortable.
Goes back to opening gambit when getting hold of the club, we could never be in the position we were in when he took over he said. He has left this club in a perilous dangerous position that many saw coming, for years .. I only knew him in the capacity of Chairperson and judge him accordingly!

I am the only one who finds it really distasteful slagging off a recently deceased old bloke who supported the club his whole life? Maybe I'm old fashioned but it doesn't sit comfortable.
Nope, he was a fat old slug who went round in terrible circles of people and contributed greated to the destruction of the club to line his pockets and boost his ego. He was a whopper in life and remains one in death.

Yes, and I'm sure you'd have the courage of your convictions and express your opinion, in person, to his relatives.
This isn't the Bill Kenwright family forum and I would not go out of my way to hurt someones feeling who is greiving, I didn't post in the kenwright thread after he died though I've no problem with people who did.

'courage of your convictions' lollollol, okay simon jordan

This isn't the Bill Kenwright family forum and I would not go out of my way to hurt someones feeling who is greiving, I didn't post in the kenwright thread after he died though I've no problem with people who did.

'courage of your convictions' lollollol, okay simon jordan
Can't stand Simon Jordan but I accept the post maybe sounded a bit 'preachy'. I don't claim to be a massive Bill fan (I don't think any actually exist) I just cringe that this thread remains open and people call him names. Personally, I would have liked it closed after his death.

Can't stand Simon Jordan but I accept the post maybe sounded a bit 'preachy'. I don't claim to be a massive Bill fan (I don't think any actually exist) I just cringe that this thread remains open and people call him names. Personally, I would have liked it closed after his death.

was always going to pop up after we got another charge, all under his watch.

fat rat

I'll admit my tongue took some biting after his death, but I'd say the stress of where the club is at now probably prevents that unfortunaltely. In terms of him being a public figure I couldn't stand the fella and now being lumbered with this 777 madness largely because of his crazy loans with phillip green it certainly comes bubbling up along with moshiri and the prem.

It might be better to close, though it might also be my only venting point right now!