Bill Kenwright

But it wasn’t an either or. They didn’t have to say, ‘we’re sacking this terminally ill man because he’s useless and we want shot.’

If Kenwright had wanted, he could have resigned with dignity. He could have used his programme notes to thank the club and say how he’d dedicated a lifetime to it. Everyone knew he was unwell, everyone (barring a few headbangers) would have let him go quietly.

The decision to keep him in post was inexplicable

It all depends what was going on in the background doesn't it? If they were leaving all decisions up to Bill then obviously that is very bad. But if the club had already started delegating out the responsibilities and he was only chairman in name then it was probably giving a dying man his final wish.

Forgotten but not yet gone. That’s Prentice. He’s on borrowed time.
Like his master, his remembrance service takes place next Monday, I think, at the Anglican Cathedral, maybe Dave Prentice will write about the service and we will hear how great the man was, there was some good in him obviously but very little was provided for the benefit of the club he ran over nearly three decades.

Moshiri invested a lot of money into this club and wasted money it sadly was at that. The man has made a lot of mistakes.

Keeping Kenwright in situ as chairman was the worst and biggest of the lot. Move on he's dead now they say. Unfortunately it just isn't as simple as that.

The damage that Kenwright has done to this club, will continue to be felt for years and quite possibly decades to come.

Maybe as part of the deal mosh couldn’t get rid of bill?

Maybe that’s why “ nobody wanted to buy us” for over 20 years despite every single club in the top 30 of England being bought in that time , and some were bought multiple times, During that period

Pre Kenwrights departure = 7 points from 9 games. Post Kenwrights departure = 16 points from 7 games. The club, players and fanbase are more united and long may it continue.
Well the Kenwright era (i include his pre chairman days when he was on the board of directors) was the worst period in this club history.

The man dragged this great club into the gutter. The road back to recovery will be a long one indeed, but the only way is up from here.

Strictly speaking of his influence on footy matters, he was detrimental to the club. You can’t run a club based on sentimentality. He was very actively involved in keeping “Everton Legends” running the club instead of allowing managers to pick their own staffs. He was very actively involved in putting people like DBB in charge, and he took advantage of Moshiri’s ignorance towards country and sporting politics. Moshiri thought he could own a footy club and entrust Bill to run it for him. May he RIP, but I am glad that era is over.

Strictly speaking of his influence on footy matters, he was detrimental to the club. You can’t run a club based on sentimentality. He was very actively involved in keeping “Everton Legends” running the club instead of allowing managers to pick their own staffs. He was very actively involved in putting people like DBB in charge, and he took advantage of Moshiri’s ignorance towards country and sporting politics. Moshiri thought he could own a footy club and entrust Bill to run it for him. May he RIP, but I am glad that era is over.

spot on mate.

Marty: If you could not play rock'n roll own and run a premier league club, what would you do?

Bill: Be a full time dreamer!

Maybe that’s why “ nobody wanted to buy us” for over 20 years despite every single club in the top 30 of England being bought in that time , and some were bought multiple times, During that period
Buying a football club involves a lot of oversight from solicitors and bankers etc. I know they’ve got a bad reputation but I can’t believe that none would have raised an eyebrow over a contract which read, ‘Bill is a big bloo and he gets to run the gaff, whatever. Okay? No one else. His Uncle Cyril said he’s the best person for the job and the Iranian Guy is just there to funnel the Russian money. Signed, Your once and future Chairman.’

I think it more likely that Bill just convinced the Moshiri that he was completely invaluable and above criticism in the same way he did with a huge chuck of our fanbase. Mosh was and is a gormless idiot with absolutely idea what he's doing. A snake in the grass like Kenwright acting all fatherly and licking the guys arse, all while pushing his own agenda was probably all that was needed. A total dullard like Moshiri never stood a chance with a total con-man like Kenwright.

Buying a football club involves a lot of oversight from solicitors and bankers etc. I know they’ve got a bad reputation but I can’t believe that none would have raised an eyebrow over a contract which read, ‘Bill is a big bloo and he gets to run the gaff, whatever. Okay? No one else. His Uncle Cyril said he’s the best person for the job and the Iranian Guy is just there to funnel the Russian money. Signed, Your once and future Chairman.’

So he couldn’t have agreed to sell under the condition he remained as chairman?