Bill Kenwright

He was the last of the local owners.
Sorry for your loss, sounds like a thoroughly decent chap and despite your recent struggles he has ultimately preserved your run of 69 consecutive seasons in the top flight, second only to Arsenal.

However, this isn't quite true... We've got 3 more years of this old bird apparently before ownership transitions to the yankees.

maxresdefault.jpg

Do we think he's gonna have a memorial stand in the new stadium? Stewardship aside, I think it would be nice considering it was one of his primary legacies in the last few years.
Can't see it, imagine the club will want sponsors for each individual stand if they can get a worthwhile enough fee.

Will likely have a plaque or memorial stone at BMD.

Football was part of his life and not the entire way to judge him
I'm not judging his entire life on the football part.

The football part of his life was a dismal failure. That failure was down to his weird self-belief that he was the best man for the job. (there's plenty of examples of this, told by the man himself)

People have said some wonderful things about him. Sometimes just a comforting word, sometimes an incredibly generous financial gesture. Those stories have genuinely made me smile, it's wonderful to be in a position to bring so much joy into people's lives.

Those stories of kindness and compassion don't reduce the damage he did to Everton in any way whatsoever.

I'm sorry he didn't get to see a successful Everton under his leadership and I'm sorry he didn't recognise his own inability to move us forward more or less right away. As you say, he was arguably the last of the local owners, it should have been abundantly clear he was massively out of his depth. (Trevor Birch told him as much within weeks of starting work)

His desperation to be a hero to Evertonians has brought us as a club to where we are today. I'm annoyed at that. I'll always be annoyed.

I won't be there on Tuesday, but I'm sure he'll get a nice send off from the club and fans present - exactly how it should be. By the same token, I won't ignore it when people eulogise about him for years to come when talking about Everton. I'll argue he's the worst thing that's ever happened to Everton until its time for me to leave this life.

Bill Kenwright, Evertonian - a kind an generous man.

That's the nicest thing I'll say.

Good night.

The football part of his life was a dismal failure. That failure was down to his weird self-belief that he was the best man for the job. (there's plenty of examples of this, told by the man himself)

People have said some wonderful things about him. Sometimes just a comforting word, sometimes an incredibly generous financial gesture. Those stories have genuinely made me smile, it's wonderful to be in a position to bring so much joy into people's lives.

Those stories of kindness and compassion don't reduce the damage he did to Everton in any way whatsoever.

I'm sorry he didn't get to see a successful Everton under his leadership and I'm sorry he didn't recognise his own inability to move us forward more or less right away. As you say, he was arguably the last of the local owners, it should have been abundantly clear he was massively out of his depth. (Trevor Birch told him as much within weeks of starting work)

His desperation to be a hero to Evertonians has brought us as a club to where we are today. I'm annoyed at that. I'll always be annoyed.

I won't be there on Tuesday, but I'm sure he'll get a nice send off from the club and fans present - exactly how it should be. By the same token, I won't ignore it when people eulogise about him for years to come when talking about Everton. I'll argue he's the worst thing that's ever happened to Everton until its time for me to leave this life.

Good night.
Top post.

Good night.
Spot on

Good night.
We’re playing Wednesday, that might suit

Good night.
Well said mate, totally agree.

Do we think he's gonna have a memorial stand in the new stadium? Stewardship aside, I think it would be nice considering it was one of his primary legacies in the last few years.
I mean we have a Sir Philip Carter stand but in all honesty with two failed stadium moves and his sale to Moshiri plus the recent board "antics"

I'd honestly think stands should be for former players personally.

Sorry for your loss, sounds like a thoroughly decent chap and despite your recent struggles he has ultimately preserved your run of 69 consecutive seasons in the top flight, second only to Arsenal.

However, this isn't quite true... We've got 3 more years of this old bird apparently before ownership transitions to the yankees.

View attachment 232831
Is Delia from Norwich?