Bill Kenwright

Do we think he's gonna have a memorial stand in the new stadium? Stewardship aside, I think it would be nice considering it was one of his primary legacies in the last few years.
Why do people keep saying the new stadium is his legacy? Surely it's Moshiris legacy no? Am not having a pop about him either just wondering am I missing something.

Why do people keep saying the new stadium is his legacy? Surely it's Moshiris legacy no? Am not having a pop about him either just wondering am I missing something.
Meis said he pushed hard for the BMD site and the stadium wouldnt have happened without him.
Maybe a suite or a fanzone should bear his name but Everton have plenty of legends who actually played football to name stands after.

Meis said he pushed hard for the BMD site and the stadium wouldnt have happened without him.
Maybe a suite or a fanzone should bear his name but Everton have plenty of legends who actually played football to name stands after.

He pushed hard for Kirkby too, including several notable and well-documented lies. He pushed hard to kill the Kings dock, again with several well-documented lies, which has cost the club dearly eversince. He even pushed hard for Walton Hall Park..... so of course, he pushed hard for BMD, it was his last-chance saloon... most importantly he'd found a mug who was prepared to pay for it. Or so we believed!

Let's not be revisionist now because he's dead. Without Moshiri(USM) this would still be a set of drawings. Now, it looks like we're upto our eyes in debt and are getting sold to shark investors because of it! So maybe it is a fitting epitaph?

He pushed hard for Kirkby too, including several notable and well-documented lies. He pushed hard to kill the Kings dock, again with several well-documented lies, which has cost the club dearly eversince. He even pushed hard for Walton Hall Park..... so of course, he pushed hard for BMD, it was his last-chance saloon... most importantly he'd found a mug who was prepared to pay for it. Or so we believed!

Let's not be revisionist now because he's dead. Without Moshiri(USM) this would still be a set of drawings. Now, it looks like we're upto our eyes in debt and are getting sold to shark investors because of it! So maybe it is a fitting epitaph?

I agree with all of the above mate, but as I've said already I think right now we should bite our lip. Nothing nice to say about someone whom has passed then don't speak, you know? Least 'til next week maybe.

I agree with all of the above mate, but as I've said already I think right now we should bite our lip. Nothing nice to say about someone who has passes then don't speak, you know? Least 'til next week maybe.

Yes, I said pretty much the same a few pages ago, but death doesn't change those realities. So, this should probably also not be a platform for people to try to rubbish or gloss over the previous 750 pages of this thread that have highlighted the almost endless list of issues during his tenure. Where were these glowing references then? Where had all the happy-clappers gone?

Tbh, what difference does a few days really make? What is the protocol? As Franky Boyle might say "is it too soon?" Is it really ok to slag him off next week, but not this? Or do we wait for after the funeral? Is there a specific time?

It's been really heartwarming reading all the love and respect he has been shown by the footballing world. As a human being first and foremost it has been pleasing that people have been able to separate the football side from the human element.

Do we think he's gonna have a memorial stand in the new stadium? Stewardship aside, I think it would be nice considering it was one of his primary legacies in the last few years.
Be so out of touch if any sort of memorial is done at the new ground.

Listen, he was probably a nice feller and he did love the club no doubt, but he was a terrible owner for this football club, and under his leadership we have failed as a club MASSIVELY.

It has been genuinely heartwarming to read the tributes to Bill.

We get engrossed with the football, but he had other strings to his bow very clearly and made an enormous contribution to theatre and the arts. He was obviously a very talented and inspirational leader in that field. It's a dazzling collection of household names that have come out to pay tribute. That is some legacy indeed.

But, more importantly than that, and very much in evidence from these tributes, is that he was a loving family man, and kind and generous to those outside his family circle as well.

It adds up to a lovely epitaph, and something his family and close friends will hopefully draw strength and comfort from.