Bill Kenwright

Inappropriate Language
Personally, I'm not mourning his loss!

Think there are a lot of people who are to concerned about public image by throwing the usual ' Whatever you think of him RIP' posts.

You are aloud to still have a negative opinion on someone, whether they have passed or not, should that change that?
Some people call it being respectful.

Other just call it not being a cnut.

I defended him once. I was wrong. Arrogant and egotistical. Selfish and possessive. Thoughts with his family. The rest of us can move on happily.
I'm not happy mate. I may have wanted Bill gone as chairman, but i didn't want him dying.

Moshiri is now left to his own devices and the reports about the prospective new owners aren't exactly glowing.

So the future of this club is still very much uncertain. He may not have been a competent chairman in relation to the footballing side of things, but he did great work with regards to the Everton in the community program and the former players foundation etc.

The club owes it to Bill to keep those programs in operation. I actually found his speech at Howard Kendalls funeral to be very moving. By the end of it he was on the verge of breaking down in tears.

He then just walked away and touched Howards coffin as he went his way. I think i saw the footage of that in that documentary about the 1985 team a few years ago.

Bill was a poor chairman overall but he was a decent man, and perhaps if he was our chairman in the 70's or 80's then things might have worked out better for him.

Rip Bill - it’s a shame he passed before he could leave his role at the club on his own terms and not under the cloud of recent times, which I believe is all that his biggest detractors, myself included, ever wanted for him.

I had zero issues with Bill as an evertonian or fan, and he clearly did a lot of things right for our club.

Collectively, We should always mourn the loss of an evertonian, no matter what walk of life they are from or part they play in our club.

We are a family, and like any family, we fall out with each other from time to time and have disagreements, but we’re still a family as we all love and care about our Everton very much.

It’s clear Bill did that and was the same as the rest of us, which is what we should be remembering at this time, alongside the countless tributes pouring in from his friends in the arts, theatre and the charities he has clearly helped over numerous years.

Thoughts with his family and friends at this time.

The amount of love and support far and wide has been something to behold. Blew my mind and has been really nice to see and he obviously made a very positive impact on many many peoples lives. There is a lot more to life than football.

If I leave this mortal coil having even 1% of the positive impact this fella has had i will be buzzing.

Rest in peace and well done Bill.

We’d lost 3-0 at Goodison to Charlton,after the game I was making my way down the stairs in the main stand,I could hear an old dear berating a fella behind me,”Son,what’s going on with this team of ours?”
”I know mum,we’ve got to get it right,we’re trying,honest mum”
I got to the bottom of the stairs looked around,it was Bill and his mum!!!I thought Christ he’s got all this on him from us Evertonians and even his Mum is giving him stick😀I always cut Bill some slack following that🙂

Or backwards. You never know how these pan out.
I dont know if you are intentionally being disrespectful or just disregarding the human element all together? Pretty sure everyone is sad no matter if you always backed Bill or not?
I did not know the man, so I really have no emotions about his passing, which happens to us all. All that matters to me is the damage that man did to the club we all love.

His death, whilst ultimately very sad and painful for many, does feel like a weight has been lifted off the club to me.

I mean that in the nicest possible way but it felt at times no matter what, with BK at the club, their would always be division.

As I said yesterday I hope the club begins to heal and his passing is marked by an upturn in the club he loves fortunes.

The many tributes to him have been wonderful to read. It seems he was very charitable and generous to those in need.