Bill Kenwright

Man's getting a stand named after him at BMD, I hope you're all ready for that.
I think they should mock the seating up to resemble his face, like Preston have done with Tom Finney at Deepdale.

Tom-Finney-tributes-007.jpg

I find it astonishing and sad in equal measure that no one had the authority at the club to tell him to take a step back in recent years when he was evidently an old man who wasn't well. Can't help but feel it would have been best for him and Everton if that had happened.
By all accounts Bill wanted to step aside in the summer when the rest of the board got booted but got persuaded to stay on by Moshiri

Not sure what your problem is?

My post suggested that when dust settled he’ll be remembered for being detrimental to Everton.

I’ve said rest in peace which I completely mean. Have a look on social media and look at the vile things being said.
When the dust is settled he'll be remembered for a lot things. I'm sure we'd agree on at least a few.
But nows the time to hear of the good man he was, a man of his community, hopefully hear a few memories, with a good dose of scouse humour and a bottle of the finest thrown in.
Leave the rest well alone.

By all accounts Bill wanted to step aside in the summer when the rest of the board got booted but got persuaded to stay on by Moshiri

Sad to hear. Most of us are only on the outside looking in but it seemed obvious to me that Bill was a man who needed saving from himself when it come to Everton. Moshiri being a stronger owner could've spared everyone a lot of agro over the last few years.

The more you read, the sadder it is. RIP, Bill, a genuinely nice man.

Thats a great story of humility and genorosity.
Around 1999, my brother was home from overseas and whilst I had my ST, Bill sorted my brother out with a ticket no fuss on the morning of the match.

The frustration of the strategy of EFC, and the mess of the last 7 years has taken its toll on all Evertonians.

Frustration, is trait of humanity but some of the vitriol towards Bill Kenwright over the years was and still is out of order.

Each to their own view but respect for an Evertonian and his family and friends, at this terrible time for them.

I find it astonishing and sad in equal measure that no one had the authority at the club to tell him to take a step back in recent years when he was evidently an old man who wasn't well. Can't help but feel it would have been best for him and Everton if that had happened.
He should have stepped back the day he sold the club to Moshiri. By all means retain some shares and continue to attend matches but his involvement in the running of the football club in any shape or form should have ended then. I'm sure had he done that, he'd have been able to enjoy his final months attending matches instead of being ostracised and watching from afar.

Even more so when In July he was kept on as interim chairman for transfer negotiations when the guy must have been gravely ill,absolutely unbelievable