Bill Kenwright

What does Kenwright actually do day-to-day, though?

I imagine very little now, he's a symbolic chairman and little else.

That's why I think he's the wrong target.

I agree, he has less of an impact now. However, the fact he is taking up a role where someone could be attempting to talk sense into Moshiri and other members of the board, he remains a target.

He has been kept around because he won't rock the boat in the best case scenario, worst case scenario he's giving Moshiri advice on how to game the system while he is here and sell at a massive profit.

You're saying he's the wrong target like only one person can draw our ire.

This is an issue in and of itself. A chairman should actually have roles and responsibilities and not just be a token gesture. A chairman should be able to contribute to the running of a club. Kenwright still thinks backpasses are allowed, it probably explains why we’re always at least 10 years behind the rest of the footballing world. If he’s sat on his arse not doing anything then get rid of him right now and put a professional in his place.

Exactly... I don't understand how anyone can't see that.

What does Kenwright actually do day-to-day, though?

I imagine very little now, he's a symbolic chairman and little else.

That's why I think he's the wrong target.

Who's putting Graeme Sharpe on the board? There was a thing back in 2017 when we signed 4 number 10s and the scuttle was that the manager, DoF, chairman and owner were all running around making their own deals with our windfall wealth. Who else would bring back Wayne Rooney? The amount of ex-players who ended up off the rails then back in the club despite no experience or qualifications... The list goes on.

The FC cosy thing is his creation. In 20 odd years he's fostered a culture where we were merely expected to stay in the league. I remember the Observer sport monthly had a long piece 'inside Everton' back in 2003 where Kenwright (with a copy of the Echo from the 94 last day debacle hanging over his desk) told the reporter all the club's financial planning was based on finishing 17th every year.

Who's putting Graeme Sharpe on the board? There was a thing back in 2017 when we signed 4 number 10s and the scuttle was that the manager, DoF, chairman and owner were all running around making their own deals with our windfall wealth. Who else would bring back Wayne Rooney? The amount of ex-players who ended up off the rails then back in the club despite no experience or qualifications... The list goes on.

The FC cosy thing is his creation. In 20 odd years he's fostered a culture where we were merely expected to stay in the league. I remember the Observer sport monthly had a long piece 'inside Everton' back in 2003 where Kenwright (with a copy of the Echo from the 94 last day debacle hanging over his desk) told the reporter all the club's financial planning was based on finishing 17th every year.
Those are all fair criticisms. He's doing more than he ought to be, yeah.

I think he’s still negotiating transfers isn’t he, and installing his lickspittles into the academy.

Inevitably, someone who has that title is going to have influence over the organization, whether he exerts it or not. If he exerts it, I don't need to paint that picture you all should get it.

If he doesn't willingly exert his influence, you get what you have now. An organization that has rotted from the top-down. He's just there, present. Collecting his checks, and doing next to nothing to fix the problem.... that doesn't sound familiar? @allen

Lol at anyone saying anything other than the guy has to go. Whether he is pulling the strings or not.

No, absolutely not.

But Bill will never resign.

If we want him gone, Moshiri is still the man to target to achieve that.

I want them both gone, but my opinion is about the least important on the matter. I'm a foreign fan, and I can't really impact the clubs bottomline.

It just is what it is, but it's not gonna stop me from posting my crap on here.

Anyways, I gave you some crap, but we both want the same thing. Enjoy the rest of your day bud

I think he’s still negotiating transfers isn’t he, and installing his lickspittles into the academy.

It was him spotted in a restaurant with Levy a week before Richarlison was sold. If he's willing to waive off potential investors until he finds one who lets him keep his hands on the wheel, why is he then going to stop involving himself in the day to day?

Anyways, I gave you some crap, but we both want the same thing. Enjoy the rest of your day bud
Honestly, I felt no crap come my way! Don't worry about it!

It's an understandably emotive topic - nuance gets trashed and I understand that.

You're right, we do want the same thing - a properly-run football club - we all want that.

I think discussing it widely helps formulate the correct collective approach amongst the fanbase. We're much stronger if we speak as one.

The club he's helped run into the ground is falling to bits yet still no word from the self-styled 'world's greatest Evertonian'.

Him hot-footing it out of Goodison last Tuesday when the flak starting flying whilst the rest of us there had to watch us getting humiliated showed once and for all what a spineless coward this man is.

Get him out.

Chances are high. His ego can't take it. Perhaps you'll have to satisfy yourself with Tony Bellew shaking his fist and putting on an angry face from his comfy seat.

Kenwrights attendance has been sporadic at best this season. I forget which match it was but both he and Denise swerved it recently.

Poor levels of commitment for their circa 900k PA salary.

Get out.
We perhaps should bear in mind that any non-attendance by him might be health related.
DBB has no such excuse to the best of my knowledge.

I honestly don't know.

As I say, I think he can wax lyrical to would-be recruits and their agents - as well as corporate partners, investors, etc.

But if he's negotiating salaries and terms, I'd be surprised. And disappointed.
I can’t remember who said it but I’m sure he was negotiating with agents etc and one of his sycophants was laying it on thick saying what an advert for Everton he was.

Probably Sharp.

Last edited:
We perhaps should bear in mind that any non-attendance by him might be health related.
DBB has no such excuse to the best of my knowledge.

On the other hand, Andy, if you're too unwell to sit through a game of football, are you well enough to discharge your responsibilities to a business that turns over hundreds of millions?

Thanks for the podcasts, by the way. A lifeline of world weary sanity.