Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the entire story is based on him voluntarily bringing it up in an interview back in 2011. He didn't need to spin anything because no one knew about it until he decided to bring it up. I reckon it's more likely he was just outright lying and they were never interested.

Yeah, he did need to spin it, to make him look good out of it, it shows (in his mind) that he has the pull power to attract billionaire investors, and puts the blame on the failed Kirby project as the excuse. He doesn't just go to a paper for a yarn does he? He loves the attention.

The whole Moshiri thing has been textbook Kenwright

Found a billionaire who didn't have a jar of clue that would give him a lovely lump sum and still let him run the place.

I can only dream of what may have been had Moshiri bought us and instilled a proper chairman at the time, Instead of this greedy, attention whore.
That’s all it is, he wanted investment and involvement. He wanted to keep his people close to him and it was important that no outsiders came in and overhauled the club.

I point blank refuse to believe that a billionaire or consortium showed any interest in us. The money to be made from Premier League was investors were dream, it was a cash cow due to the global pull

The whole Moshiri thing has been textbook Kenwright

Found a billionaire who didn't have a jar of glue that would give him a lovely lump sum and still let him run the place.

I can only dream of what may have been had Moshiri bought us and instilled a proper chairman at the time, Instead of this greedy, attention whore.
We'd still have Earl pretending to own Green's shares if the BHS scandal hadn't blown up that whole scam.

Somebody coming in and clearing the decks at boardroom/operational level would have been many times more valuable than the money that's been wasted since 2016.

Nowhere in those articles does it say he turned them down, it says they turned us down because we had no stadium in place. Now you could say that us not having a stadium is his fault but the idea that he turned them down because he wanted to stay on as chairman is not backed up by anything in those articles.
Stephen Vincent a senior accountant at City at the time of Mansoor taking over at City has said that Mansoor wanted Newcastle first but Ashley wouldn't sell, he then went to Everton but Bill wanted to stay on as chairman and Mansoor didn't want that, they preferred Newcastle and Everton because they owned there own stadium.

Nowhere in those articles does it say he turned them down, it says they turned us down because we had no stadium in place. Now you could say that us not having a stadium is his fault but the idea that he turned them down because he wanted to stay on as chairman is not backed up by anything in those articles.
My work around the time brought me into regular contact with the Royal Families of the Gulf countries.

I had an ongoing project with Shk Mansour regarding a yacht they were building at the time and at pre-lunch chit chat I asked one of his inner circle "Why Man City?" (This was about a year after the takeover.)

"We approached Everton first but received no encouragement to proceed."

This fella had no idea I was an Everton supporter. No reason to be on the wind up.

I have loathed Kenwright since his made up fortress sports fund to oust Paul and Anita Gregg several years earlier. This Abu Dhabi revelation was just another in a long list of 'Poor Bill, he's trying his best.'

The reality is he held on until he found a useful idiot to fund the club whilst he kept his position.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, it may well be the famous "Exclusivity agreement" in place around Kirkby made any deal impossible to progress.

The suggestion that the stadium made City the obvious choice is a stretch as the cost of a build is petty cash for them. Abu Dhabi alone churns out 3 million barrels a day. Over a billion barrels a year. The marketing value (a bit of a weird science) they have got back into since investing in Manchester City makes it all worthwhile. Being a really good football team is just a nice bonus.

Anyway, back to Kenwright, if I saw him crossing the road I'd probably speed up rather than brake.

A trophy win or getting rid of Kenwright? Easy choice for me.

The club will not progress with his stench patrolling the corridors.

My work around the time brought me into regular contact with the Royal Families of the Gulf countries.

I had an ongoing project with Shk Mansour regarding a yacht they were building at the time and at pre-lunch chit chat I asked one of his inner circle "Why Man City?" (This was about a year after the takeover.)

This fella had no idea I was an Everton supporter. No reason to be on the wind up.

I have loathed Kenwright since his made up fortress sports fund to oust Paul and Anita Gregg several years earlier. This Abu Dhabi revelation was just another in a long list of 'Poor Bill, he's trying his best.'

The reality is he held on until he found a useful idiot to fund the club whilst he kept his position.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, it may well be the famous "Exclusivity agreement" in place around Kirkby made any deal impossible to progress.

The suggestion that the stadium made City the obvious choice is a stretch as the cost of a build is petty cash for them. Abu Dhabi alone churns out 3 million barrels a day. Over a billion barrels a year. The marketing value (a bit of a weird science) they have got back into since investing in Manchester City makes it all worthwhile. Being a really good football team is just a nice bonus.

Anyway, back to Kenwright, if I saw him crossing the road I'd probably speed up rather than brake.

Around that time when Bill was talking about his 24/7 search for investment the club was never actually up for sale

Fantastic educated words. I really hope you have a fast car and take him out near the Arteta Donkey Sanctuary.

Status
Not open for further replies.