Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who'd been assisted off that pitch by Everton supporters (after he'd assaulted a fan and potentially causing a massive incident) should have been thanking those supporters. Not him though, just sat in his press conference with a titty lip refusing to comment on the incident.

A classless thug and an utter guttersnipe. He should have been lifted by Merseyside Police.

What's this about, Dave?

Saw this posted elsewhere about our glee at them lot missing out on the title. thought I'd copy/paste.

"There was a time we challenged them and if they won, we wanted to win.... it was a real rivalry that motivated the two clubs to be better.

That was a long time ago and our well managed decline has seen us accept our role as the underdogs.

Its been a slow process where standards were lowered and ambitions altered ....... at the heart of this for the last twenty years is a man who repeatedly says he loves the club, yet he seems 'happy' to drift along without success so long as he is in the Chair.

The RS winning should have us determined to match that success and not celebrating avoiding relegation. John Moore's once said Evertonians demand success..... today we are told 'well, you had some good times' as we live in hope once again!!!!"

Are they just lucky? Have they made a pact with the devil? No, they generally have a plan.

When things go awry like the did with H + G and the banks apply serious pressure, the support ensures they have no way back.

The majority of Evertonians still look at Kenwright and think "He's doing his best" and give him a pass. He's literally the worst person connected to Everton since Houlding decided to increase the rent. If he wasn't a 'Blue' there'd have been banners outside the stadium and graffiti years ago.

As fans we only have ourselves to blame for accepting his leadership. It actually disgusts me.

Saw this posted elsewhere about our glee at them lot missing out on the title. thought I'd copy/paste.

"There was a time we challenged them and if they won, we wanted to win.... it was a real rivalry that motivated the two clubs to be better.

That was a long time ago and our well managed decline has seen us accept our role as the underdogs.

Its been a slow process where standards were lowered and ambitions altered ....... at the heart of this for the last twenty years is a man who repeatedly says he loves the club, yet he seems 'happy' to drift along without success so long as he is in the Chair.

The RS winning should have us determined to match that success and not celebrating avoiding relegation. John Moore's once said Evertonians demand success..... today we are told 'well, you had some good times' as we live in hope once again!!!!"

Are they just lucky? Have they made a pact with the devil? No, they generally have a plan.

When things go awry like the did with H + G and the banks apply serious pressure, the support ensures they have no way back.

The majority of Evertonians still look at Kenwright and think "He's doing his best" and give him a pass. He's literally the worst person connected to Everton since Houlding decided to increase the rent. If he wasn't a 'Blue' there'd have been banners outside the stadium and graffiti years ago.

As fans we only have ourselves to blame for accepting his leadership. It actually disgusts me.

The first half of your post is what does it for me. The man has a newspaper cutting of the game against Wimbledon in 1994 hanging above his desk. That is his ambition. Drift along and have the odd underdog tale we can enjoy.

How are Spurs, and West Ham light years ahead of us? Why isn't our chairman ruthlessly applying the standards to drive us up where we belong?

Why isn't our chairman ruthlessly applying the standards to drive us up where we belong?
Because he's happy to just be involved.

I have said it numerous times. I have a really nice bottle reserved for the day he is no longer chairman.

Sadly, it's already too late. 'Elite' clubs are so far away it's impossible to bridge that gap. We may win the odd cup here and there, we may even absolutely fluke a title like Leicester (highly unlikely) but our days at the top table are gone forever.

We had a reserved seat at that top table when Kenwright joined our board.

It disgusts me because as fans we have sleepwalked to this position.

Because he's happy to just be involved.

I have said it numerous times. I have a really nice bottle reserved for the day he is no longer chairman.

Sadly, it's already too late. 'Elite' clubs are so far away it's impossible to bridge that gap. We may win the odd cup here and there, we may even absolutely fluke a title like Leicester (highly unlikely) but our days at the top table are gone forever.

We had a reserved seat at that top table when Kenwright joined our board.

It disgusts me.

I dont think its completely impossible. You can still build something but you do need the income from playing (at a minimum) in the UEFA Cup regularly to start to move forward... even that, however, is beyond us.

Kenwright isn't the only one guilty of mismanagement and letting standards drift. But he runs the club on a day to day basis. Its his responsibility in the end if stuff doesn't work like it should.

Hopefully some of this is the stuff Lampard said he had to let go until he had time to address it.

I dont think its completely impossible. You can still build something but you do need the income from playing (at a minimum) in the UEFA Cup regularly to start to move forward... even that, however, is beyond us.
But look how hard that is. The Euro spots are generally decided before a ball is kicked. Leicester (who are relatively well run) have now dropped out of Euro competition for the first season since the title win. They just don't have the resources to be a sustainable competitor at the top end.
Kenwright isn't the only one guilty of mismanagement and letting standards drift. But he runs the club on a day to day basis. Its his responsibility in the end if stuff doesn't work like it should.
He isn't, but he's been Chair for around 20 years. He surrounds himself with nodding dogs who are bang average at the job they do. The one person of genuine executive quality he brought in resigned as soon as he saw what a bin fire the club had become.
Hopefully some of this is the stuff Lampard said he had to let go until he had time to address it.
That's all we can do, hope.

A Bill Kenwright production

The poll results at the top of the page tell you everything you need to know, over 90% of blues want him GONE !!

The poll results at the top of the page tell you everything you need to know, over 90% of blues want him GONE !!
90% on here is not reflective of the whole fan base, there are thousands who are quite happy to settle for mediocrity sitting in the stands surrounded by the people they have sat by for years who have seen it all and defeat doesn't hurt as much as it use too.
Sadly it is mostly my generation that has let this club down , my hope is things may change in a new stadium where some of these clicks will have to be broken up.

Status
Not open for further replies.